lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-08-2010, 03:39 PM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 36 volt yamaha dont run

I think I have jumpered the solenoid on locked out carts and they ran? Dave? Am I remembering right? Does the lock out just lock out the solenoid activation circuit? I'm lost in here
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-08-2010, 04:11 PM   #12
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I think I have jumpered the solenoid on locked out carts and they ran? Dave? Am I remembering right? Does the lock out just lock out the solenoid activation circuit? I'm lost in here
Scotty, I'm home from work today, not feeling up to par Tried to post the wiring diagram,but couldn't. In my experiance with Yami's "charge lock system" the solenoid would not energize because the with the charger dc plug inserted, there would be no 36 volts positive thru the fuse/wireharness to activate the solenoid. Jumpinmg the solenoid, just bypasses all the solenoid activation series. I think it's time for some more "Nyquil", and I'll stop posting.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 07:50 PM   #13
custom carts
THE CUSTOM KID

E-Z-GO

i know but it would click and then it would not click any more then i put power to the little red wire at the selinod and got it to click then i saw the little red wire coming from the charging receptical and tought it might be like a read switch in a ezgo so i fallowed the wire to that little fuse i took it out put volt metter to it no voltage then i jumped it to the main positive in the batteries pack then when i pushed the acelorator pedle it click and moved foward so i took the jumper off dead again put junper back on it worked
custom carts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 08:11 PM   #14
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by custom carts View Post
i know but it would click and then it would not click any more then i put power to the little red wire at the selinod and got it to click then i saw the little red wire coming from the charging receptical and tought it might be like a read switch in a ezgo so i fallowed the wire to that little fuse i took it out put volt metter to it no voltage then i jumped it to the main positive in the batteries pack then when i pushed the acelorator pedle it click and moved foward so i took the jumper off dead again put junper back on it worked
Can you put some punctuation in that paragraph !? I was out of breath by the time I got it read through
Old 11-09-2010, 04:29 PM   #15
custom carts
THE CUSTOM KID

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Can you put some punctuation in that paragraph !? I was out of breath by the time I got it read through
srry about that Scotty my bad will thank to you and smallblock for the info. and the help as fast as you guys reponded!
Old 11-09-2010, 04:35 PM   #16
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Glad we could help...... I hope Dave is feeling better?
Old 11-09-2010, 07:23 PM   #17
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Are you kidding, after trying to understand the test procedure/posts so far...I'm more "dizzy/confused" then normal, wait, that's abnormal...right?
Old 11-09-2010, 07:25 PM   #18
custom carts
THE CUSTOM KID

E-Z-GO

sorry about the confussion smallblock hope you feel better
Old 11-09-2010, 08:42 PM   #19
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by custom carts View Post
sorry about the confussion smallblock hope you feel better
Thanks custom carts, I do feel better. Let me try to explain my confussion, I am so by the "book" , that my mind only lets me look at the "flow chart" of "trouble shooting". IE: cart is dead...battery voltage/cables/connections ect. Solenoid click, pass charge lock system, does the solenoid alow battery voltage to flow thru? Ect, Ect. I've worked on so many, I have bypassed the flow chart and was "stumped". Started again, following the "rules" and found the problem that I missed the first time. Sometimes I wake up at night and envisioned what I had missed. I'm shure you will find it, just follow the circuits that control the problem, sometimes I/members make it more difficult then it is. For a very "limited" guy like me....I have to follow the "rules of trouble shooting".
Old 11-10-2010, 07:43 PM   #20
custom carts
THE CUSTOM KID

E-Z-GO

your right you have to take the steps in the orded that they come in .i have a other yamaha im having mojoer troble with. this one i dont have a clue im going to take some pictures tomarrow. and would really need your help on this one and i will follow the steps in order this is one that they cut wires and all kind of crazyness but looks very nice
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha