lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-27-2011, 02:09 PM   #1
HOGCAT
Not Yet Wild

Default Yamaha charger problem!! HELP!

Howdy folks. I have a 48 volt Yamaha cart the had old batterys in it. Well the charger started showing the "incomplete charge" lite everytime I would charge it. It was putting 63.2 volts into the batterys. So I went and bought some new batterys and cleaned up all the connections. Now it shows charging for a few hours, and when it gets to 60 volts, the 80% charge lite comes on. But it just keeps charging! I let it go till it got to 63.1 volts and I could smell the battery boiling.

Here is a picture of the charger and of a trim adjustment pot on the rear of the circiut board in the charger. It seems like when I turn this trim adjustmewnt counter clockwise all the way the charger stops, then starts right back up again.

Any one know much about this trim pot on the circuit board??

Or should I just buy a new charger

HOGCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-02-2011, 08:02 PM   #2
HOGCAT
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Yamaha charger problem!! HELP!

FIXED!!! Bought a new charger from the local battery company here in San Marcos, CA. So if anyone need a Yamaha charger cheap, local pick up let me know. I guess it just needs a new board to control the shut off.
Old 03-13-2011, 07:51 PM   #3
lonewolff
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOGCAT View Post
Any one know much about this trim pot on the circuit board??

I have that same charger and have experimented with that small trim pot screw.. When you turn the screw counter clockwise it allows the charger to stay on longer. But it is VERY SENSITIVE. I would only turn it in very small increments at a time. I ended up turning mine from the 12 oclock to 11 oclock position.
At the 12 oclock position my charger was maxing out at 56.5 volts under charge... Now at the 11oclock position its closer to 61volts.
lonewolff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 12:27 AM   #4
george7806
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOGCAT View Post
FIXED!!! Bought a new charger from the local battery company here in San Marcos, CA. So if anyone need a Yamaha charger cheap, local pick up let me know. I guess it just needs a new board to control the shut off.
Do you still have the charger with the bad board? How much do you want for it?
george7806 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 08:20 AM   #5
HOGCAT
Not Yet Wild

Yup, still have it. I cut the wire that goes to the plug for the batterys off. Not going to ship it, have no time. So if you can come to San Marcos, CA. Give me a call 1-760-703-5898.
Old 03-19-2011, 12:02 PM   #6
HOGCAT
Not Yet Wild

charger gone!!

Thanks for the great forum and its members!!
Old 04-01-2011, 03:41 PM   #7
Mayfair
Getting Wild

Yamaha

I have that same charger. Is it safe to leave it plugged in / charging the batteries all of the time?
Mayfair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 10:42 AM   #8
ChargerGuy
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayfair View Post
I have that same charger. Is it safe to leave it plugged in / charging the batteries all of the time?
Probably not a good idea. If it doesn't shut off it will cook all the water out of the batteries and shorten the life of the batteries. Plus I think it's a bit of a fire hazard.
ChargerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha