lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-27-2013, 05:56 PM   #11
bossboy302
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 96 G16e controller appears to be dead

Newbie here. I would like to bump this thread, hopefully the o.p. has it fixed by now....however I have a very similar problem.

My cart: 1996 Yam G14e JN4 203199 36v stock motor & controller.

Bought for dad's birthday in '97, he re-gifted. Put in 6 fresh Trojans and all was perfect for a couple weeks. Then I tried to push a heavy object on wheels and the cart died/very slight burn smell. I fried something. Read threads until my eyes bled. Mechanically adept, electronically inept. Have good DVM.

So, I have a steady 37.5v battery pack. That same voltage reaches controller when pedal is pushed (solenoid clicks) and key is on, with same v. reaching A2 on motor. F/R switch seems ok, buzzer works. Motor spins when powered directly.

My question is: Is there a way to further test controller?
Any other guidance most appreciated. TIA, Brian
bossboy302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-27-2013, 10:44 PM   #12
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

G16 is "series" motor, DCXxxx is "sepex" controller. dont get a DCX for a G16, the Alltrax AXE or SPM would work. Not that there is anything wrong with (Most) GE controllers, but i sure do like the tunability of the SPM (and the built-in fan cooling solution is cool too). it takes care of its own heat, no heatsink required.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:35 AM   #13
bossboy302
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the reply.
I'm actually working on a G14e. I was trying to piggyback on 26 month-old thread that is nearly identical to my situation. All the replies have been applicable to me thus far. Maybe I should start a new one.
bossboy302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha