lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-21-2011, 03:46 PM   #1
quickviii
Not Yet Wild

Default G22 runs 10 seconds

Hi, I hope someone here can shed some light on whats going on. I purchased a 2003 G22 from a friend. Cart came to me with dead 1 year old batteries and info from my friend who said it just runs when it wants to. I have charged the batteries and they all test good both voltage (50 volts) and specific gravity looks real good on all cells. (got lucky with batteries comming back to life). Problem is that the cart runs for 10 to 15 seconds and then shuts down. Tested voltage accross the solenoid and have battery voltage at both large posts when cart is working, and nothing on the controller side of solenoid when it isn't working. Have checked every inch of the harness for corosion and pulled pins in connectors. Everything with the harness is in very good shape. Have pulled and cleaned the connector that plugs into the controller. It was clean and dry before I cleaned it, but did it anyway. After doing this I realized that the cart seems to reset as soon as I disconnect and the reconnect the controller plug. Normally I have to turn off the tow/run switch and wait 10 min before it will reset. Once again, the cart seems to reset right away when we play with the plug. Cart has been cared for very well. Never stored outside. kept clean, washed after every ride, and batteries were allways kept charged and full of water, untill the problem popped up. My friend lost interest and let it sit. Just some history if that helps. I have also jumped the solenoid with a heavy guage wire when the cart had shut down, but it didn't help. It really acts like a breaker is kicking and shuts down everything untill it sits for 10 min with the tow/run switch turned off, or I pull and replug the connector on the controller. I am hoping someone here had seen this before and can offer up a solution. I have read several other posts that come close to my problem, but haven't seen an answer. Please help. Thanks in advance.
quickviii is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-21-2011, 04:19 PM   #2
Mayfair
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G22 runs 10 seconds

Man I really wish that I knew more about these things.

Things that i would check:
Wires going into the connector that plugs into the controller. Perhaps one is loose?
Fuse, and wiring going to and from it
Wires going to the motor. Check that they are intact, and tight

To be honest, I'm not really sure if any of the above will solve your problem, however that is where I'd start. What's really throwing me off is that your cart rolls, and then stops. I almost want to say it's a controller problem, however I'm not sure. What kind of controller do yo have?
Mayfair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 06:43 PM   #3
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

My guess would be the controller. It's "shutting down" after what you have tried it "resets it self". If you have a local Yamaha dealer, they could "read" the controller for fault codes, I would think would be many. Early G22's used a GE controller and they are rebuildable, later models used Moric and they cannot be rebuilt. Good luck
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 06:47 PM   #4
shmo
Gone Wild

Yamaha

If it ends up being your controller, I possibly have a stock G22 controller that I would be willing to sell. PM me if you're interested.

SHMO
shmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 10:53 PM   #5
quickviii
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the quick replies. I have checked and cleaned every connection on the wiring harness. nothing has changed the way the cart runs. I have a GE controller now. Who or where can I get the controller rebuilt? Any idea of how much it costs? Can a dealer check trouble codes on the controller if I bring the controller to them, or do I have to bring the whole cart? Thanks again for everyones help.
quickviii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 08:31 AM   #6
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickviii View Post
Thanks for the quick replies. I have checked and cleaned every connection on the wiring harness. nothing has changed the way the cart runs. I have a GE controller now. Who or where can I get the controller rebuilt? Any idea of how much it costs? Can a dealer check trouble codes on the controller if I bring the controller to them, or do I have to bring the whole cart? Thanks again for everyones help.
The dealer will need the whole car. GE controllers are rebuildable and the dealer can send it to be rebuilt. I use OPS and am very happy with there service/quality/price and turn around time.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha