lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-22-2011, 10:39 AM   #1
rascalmax
Not Yet Wild

Default G1 no go

working on a G1- replaced solenoids, accelerator stop switch.
Key switch is good, motor will run.
good batteries
I have been tracing wire connections for 2 nights and donot find anything that stands out as 2 why this car won't run.
just confirms to me this is why I am not a yamaha haha fan.
ANy ideas out thier?
My next step is to pull new wires so I can eliminate bad connections as a possiblity.
rascalmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-22-2011, 06:44 PM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: G1 no go

Could be as simple as the "charge lock" button in the charger receptical. It was designed to not alow you to drive away with the charger plugged in. If the contacts are stuck..car wont run. Try some WD-40 and a few pushes on the white button. Also helpfullgo to www.yamahagolfcar.com/partsandservice . There you can look up (in the owners manual section) a wireing diagram and you can do some real testing. Good luck
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 10:33 AM   #3
rascalmax
Not Yet Wild

tried the yamaha site but I did not find the G1 wiring nor manuels.
I will try the charge rec tonight. thanks for the tip.
rascalmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 12:16 PM   #4
GIJOE98
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

If I remember correctly you can use the the G2E Circuit diagram, but I did some searching and found this post

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...e-1982-g1.html

there's a diagram if you scroll down a little.

I had intended on replacing the entire wire harness on my G1 when I got it but decided that it was better to go solid state if I was going through that much trouble... And I love my new cart now :D

Joe
GIJOE98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha