lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-12-2011, 05:56 PM   #11
doclomlom
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 93 CC 36v electrical fire, problems now

Hi guys,

thanks for the help here, I appreciate it.

while waiting for my switch to arrive I took a look at the vglide, it looks okay to me, but here is a picture -- everything look ok? after I took the pic, I cleaned all the contacts and made sure everything was tight. Also have cleaned all my battery terminals as well. Not sure how to check the solenoid, I guess I'll know when I get it all hooked up.

Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vglide.JPG (76.5 KB, 14 views)
doclomlom is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-13-2011, 09:39 AM   #12
doclomlom
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Need more help!

I replaced the switch, everything looks good, but here's the scoop.

When I shift to F, it still arcs behind the contact on the passenger side and the cart starts to move forward slowly. When I shift to R, no arcing but the cart moves backwards slowley, with the back up buzzer going. This happens with or without the key. When I press the pedal, I hear the solenoid click and the cart accelerates.

Any suggestions?? Please read the thread to see the history......

Thanks,

Greg
Old 08-14-2011, 03:52 PM   #13
Owen
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Hmmm, interesting- Im about to change my F/R switch due to nearly the same problem- mine wasnt quite that ugly though, and I dont have the creep in forward reverse you describe, at least I dont think so- I pushed into the garage after smoking the F/R switch. On my old switch it looked like one terminal was overtight, bottom right looking at the business side, and this caused a bad/weak connection. Im curious about all the related stuff, cause Im replacing only the switch and upgrading wires (THANX SCOTTYB) at the same time. keep us posted.
Owen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 04:24 PM   #14
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

try switching the soleniod.......it sounds like its bad.............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 04:29 PM   #15
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Agree on the Solenoid Shadow. Those contacts on the V-glide are nothing to write home about..... they should be clean, flat, and smooth...
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 04:33 PM   #16
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Agree on the Solenoid Shadow. Those contacts on the V-glide are nothing to write home about..... they should be clean, flat, and smooth...
yeah......i didn,t mention it cause i thought he said he cleaned them up but it also looked like the wiper arm itself might be a bit worn......................
Old 08-14-2011, 07:47 PM   #17
doclomlom
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the thoughts. I have pulled the solenoid and will pick one up this week and let you know what happens!! I did clean up all the vglide contacts.

Greg
Old 08-14-2011, 09:15 PM   #18
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by doclomlom View Post
Thanks for the thoughts. I have pulled the solenoid and will pick one up this week and let you know what happens!! I did clean up all the vglide contacts.

Greg
i thought thats what you said...........keep us posted on progress.............................
Old 08-15-2011, 07:59 PM   #19
doclomlom
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen View Post
Hmmm, interesting- Im about to change my F/R switch due to nearly the same problem- mine wasnt quite that ugly though, and I dont have the creep in forward reverse you describe, at least I dont think so- I pushed into the garage after smoking the F/R switch. On my old switch it looked like one terminal was overtight, bottom right looking at the business side, and this caused a bad/weak connection. Im curious about all the related stuff, cause Im replacing only the switch and upgrading wires (THANX SCOTTYB) at the same time. keep us posted.
An over-tight connection will cause a problem? I have been keeping my connections pretty snug.

Before ordering a new solenoid I tried every auto supply shop in town, you get some strange looks from them when you say it's a 36v solenoid!
Old 08-15-2011, 08:51 PM   #20
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

yes your not gonna find one of them at an auto parts store..........................
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car