lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-23-2012, 12:11 AM   #1
jwhranger
Gone Wild

Default G16 Motor slipping?

Just got a G16, been well used, but its what I wanted and came with a new body and top that I'll eventually get around to putting on. I traded my gas G9 for a Nissan Xterra, so I'm still trying to get used to creeping along, but the neighbors are really happy I'm not keeping them up with that gas motor all night.

Bought from some guys that refurbish carts on the side and usually only deal with the newer carts and they didn't want to mess with this one since its older but I didnt want regen and read around on the forums that the G16 is a good cart. They put a lift and some 20x10 knobby type tires on, still has the nipples, and they gave me a good deal on it so I bought it.

Driving it around at a full charge pulls really well and seems to be doing just fine, but when I go through the ditches sometimes when I start out there is a whining noise like the motor is slipping. If I let off and ease in to it then it takes off again and everything is fine until I do the same type thing.

The cart is 200 miles away until a few weeks from now, I just moved and haven't brought it with me yet.

But when I do go back I'm willing to check anything you tell me may be worth checking.

Any ideas what it may be? Sounds like motor is slipping and I think I want a PQ motor anyway.....but I want to be sure that is my problem before I spend my funds on a motor.

Thanks for any help!
jwhranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-01-2012, 11:25 PM   #2
jwhranger
Gone Wild

Default Re: G16 Motor slipping?

If only Sho were in to electrics I might have gotten an answer! LOL
jwhranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha