lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-25-2012, 08:52 AM   #1
hr44hitter
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default squeky noise on back left side

I am not real sure what the problem is. I hear this squeky noise coming out of the back left side. It stops when i let off the gas and am not accelerating. I have a 2008 YDRE with a 6" lift. it was doing it before i put the lift on. any help is appreciated. Also wasnt sure if there was another thread out there with the same questions. didnt really feel like going through the 56 pages to see. thanks
hr44hitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-25-2012, 10:20 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: squeky noise on back left side

Does the noise increase or decrease in the turns?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:44 AM   #3
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Something that happens freq even when I sell a brand new Yamaha Drive off my lot you can try...Reach under the cart between the wheel and where the rear end tubes/collars connect to the rear end and try to spin these silver tubes. They look solid but are independent from rear end and only tighten up with the axle nut. If you can spin them by hand then they often cause what your talking about if not a bearing...If you need a pic of what I'm ref too let me know.
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 03:29 PM   #4
hr44hitter
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

the noise stays about that same no matter the acceleration and stays the same throughout the turns.
I will try to spin the silver tubes. i think i know what part you are speaking of. i will let you know in a little bit if that fixes the problem.
Old 07-25-2012, 04:30 PM   #5
hr44hitter
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Those silver tubes did spin by hand..I will tighten them and see if that solves the problem. Thanks for the help camaroluv
Old 07-26-2012, 06:34 AM   #6
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

anytime...let us know if it goes away...
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 04:19 PM   #7
johnk4jmk
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by hr44hitter View Post
I am not real sure what the problem is. I hear this squeky noise coming out of the back left side. It stops when i let off the gas and am not accelerating. I have a 2008 YDRE with a 6" lift. it was doing it before i put the lift on. any help is appreciated. Also wasnt sure if there was another thread out there with the same questions. didnt really feel like going through the 56 pages to see. thanks
Hey i dont know if this will help u or not but i developed a squeak and it ended up being the left rear wheel center cap on my wheel, i re tourqed the wheel and it went away and never has done it agian.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg golfcart.JPG (144.3 KB, 0 views)
johnk4jmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:23 PM   #8
rm32644
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I have fixed 5 of these so far on Yamaha golf carts at our development. That's 100% of 5 Yamaha's, the axle nuts were loose on both sides. I tighten the nut up to 80-90 ft lbs and the related noises stop.
rm32644 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha