lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-11-2013, 11:35 AM   #1
joe100
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Upgrade needed?

Hi All
Was wondering if any sponsors or anyone else on here could help me out?
I have a freind w/ a G19, 1999 electric 36 volts W/ added rear seat, larger tires, 4" lift, also has #4 welding cables and new Batteries. The cart runs fine w/ just the driver, but when it has more hen one person on it thecart will be running along and just stop. deaded then a door nail. Then after a few minutes it will run again for awhile and the sane thing happens.
I think he needs a new controler? He would like to up grade more later, to a newer motor. I think he might need a HD soliniod w/ the controler also I recomended he put at least a 500 amp programable alltrax, does this need a H-D soliniod when instaled? Am I on the right track as two bringing this up grade into a more reliable running cart? I'm a retired Gear head and am just trying to help a buddy out.

Thanks Joe
joe100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-11-2013, 12:10 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Upgrade needed?

You are on the right track. The rear seat and passenger add weight and the taller tires changed the gear ratio. He needs to allow the motor to access more amperage.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:13 PM   #3
joe100
Gone Wild

Club Car

Hi! Scotty are we saying a controler upgrade or the motor or both? and thank you for the answers you have already given but I'd like to be able to explane this to him in an order 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc,etc. Do you handle parts for Yamahas? Do you have a kit you would recomend?
Old 02-13-2013, 12:32 PM   #4
Tonka Cart
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Not a expert like Scotty but I just installed a 500amp controler in my 36V G-14 with stock motor and I love it! I allso put in a heavy duty solinoid and new heavy cables
Tonka Cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:11 PM   #5
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

He will want to start with a controller upgrade to handle the extra weight load. I would recommend at least a 400 amp alltrax but if money is not an issue go with a 500 Amp. He will want a heavy duty solenoid as well or the heat will start to get to the original and cause problems. Generally speaking for the cart controller is for torque, motor is for speed, so after he istalls controller see if he is happy with speed of cart. If not get an upgraded motor. Also to prevent heat issues I would def
Upgrade to 4 gauge wiring rather than leaving the factory 6 gauge.
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:15 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Agreed I would suggest the SPM48400, Look at my #484 with the SPM400 (475 amps for the price of 400) and the 400amp solenoid $465 Good way to get started but, cables are going to be a must with any controller upgrade
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:15 PM   #7
ArmyVetSgtAdkins
Philippians 4:13

Club Car

Definitely invest the money into new Bigger Cables
ArmyVetSgtAdkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:18 AM   #8
joe100
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thank You All
For the advise I will recomend that he do as you suggest and thanks agin for your help.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha