lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Columbia ParCar

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-01-2014, 10:08 AM   #1
davidcee
Not Yet Wild

Default Tech Support Request 2007 ParCar intermittent no go problem

We have a 2007 Columbia ParCar that has an electrical problem.

I go thru the start up procedure by the book. However sometimes when I turn the selector knob to forward or reverse & step on the accelerator nothing happens. It never happens with the wife so both her and the dealer blame it on operator error.
NOT SO. When it happens I go thru the start up procedure like I was reading a manual. Keep feet off of accelerator pedal, turn key on, wait for solenoid click, turn direction selector to direction I want, then step on "go" pedal. NUTHIN except when switched to reverse the backup klaxon goes off.

I had it in shop and they said nothing wrong. The showed me the LED diagnostic light. This morning at the rec center it wouldn't go. it was flashing error code 2 After numerous tries I turned it off (i think) and got out and pushed it a couple feet. Got back in and it started. Got home & told the wife and she operator error. So I took her out in garage & was able to get it to fail & the 2 code was flashing.
Called the dealer & the guy came out & said the two code was illegal start & it was me
But I know it is not.

HELP

TIA
David
davidcee is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-01-2014, 11:11 AM   #2
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

Default Re: Tech Support Request 2007 ParCar intermittent no go problem

David, the two flash is yes, illegal or improper start up. The thing to check would be all those issues which generate that. I attached the file showing the flash codes and what could cause them.

Accelerator switch: could be an intermittent connection on the actual microswitch or in the switch.

Seat switch: Althought you don't have one, the circuit would still be in the wire harness. It would be two wires that come out of the harness and are just connected to each other, instead of a seat.

Last option would be to hook up a handset (like a car check engine reader) and every dealer should have one. It would tell specifically what fault the controller is seeing.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CPC_Guide_Trouble_ACE_Plus_Flash_Codes.pdf (312.1 KB, 0 views)
Tech Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 01:43 PM   #3
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Maybe floor mats??
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 01:46 PM   #4
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

I think his wife doesn't want him driving HER cart.
Tech Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Columbia ParCar