lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-27-2014, 11:14 AM   #1
toolmaker67
Not Yet Wild

Default Voltage Question On SPM 500

I have an '97 Ezgo, series cart. ITS throttle, HD f/r, HD solenoid, 4awg wiring, Alltrax SPM48500.
Recently it seems like me speed has dropped. I am running about 12 mph on 22" tires. I used to be 14-15mph
I found was that I was running 32-33 v across B+ to M- on the controller with it on full throttle. Across the solenoid it is still running at least 36 volt depending on charge. According to the alltrax controller it is running at 36-38 v, 100% throttle, even though I am reading 32-33 volts. I can reset the controller auto-cal and it will run full voltage briefly then drop again.

My questions:
Is this a normal voltage drop across the B+ to M-?
Could this be in my ITS? and if so, how can I check the ITS using the Hi/Lo posts on the Alltrax?
toolmaker67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-27-2014, 11:37 AM   #2
chriskent85
Gone Wild

Default Re: Voltage Question On SPM 500

thats pretty slow for a 500amp controller with 22" tires.
chriskent85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 11:43 AM   #3
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

A series controller upgrade will not gain any speed, only torque.

Sounds like you might have a battery issue. When you were faster was that with stock controller and 22" tires or did you replace tires when you did controller?

The 100% throttle reading, is that repeatable or just on the initial test? I know my SPM controller didn't auto-cal worth crap and I had to program it for 80%=full throttle.

If I'm reading your post correctly, a 33v reading under load maybe normal depending on test conditions. Are you testing on flat hard road?
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 12:43 PM   #4
toolmaker67
Not Yet Wild

The faster speed was both before and after the new controller on the 22" tires(of course, acceleration was better after).

I called alltrax and they are saying it is the auto-cal as well, so i will adjust tonight and try. I think it was reading around 99-100%, but the running light never turned amber which indicates full throttle. I did not know this when I was testing yesterday.

I tested with the back jacked up. Trying to eliminate everything else before batteries.
toolmaker67 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alltrax, speed, voltage
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO