lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-05-2014, 11:28 PM   #1
robbiescd
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default 2005 Electric.....nothing!

Ok all you experts! I've never worked on electric carts. Pretty proficient at gas, but no experience with electric.....time to jump in.

I have a 2005 Yamaha electric in the shop. It won't hit a lick.

I've looked high and low at all the wires just to insure nothing has been broken. Haven't found any.

Did a check on the solenoid, and not getting any voltage on the small posts when the accelerator is pushed.....telling me that the problem is before the solenoid.

The customer did tell me they tried jumping it off...hooked up jumper cables to the solenoid!!!!

The best I can tell, there is a wire coming from the key switch to the small post on the solenoid (I think). The wire going to the second small post is going into the board. So I'm thinking bad control board?

Where do you even begin checking these things out????
robbiescd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-06-2014, 06:47 AM   #2
bpaskill
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 2005 Electric.....nothing!

i may be wrong ... lot of the time i am . but my g14 did the same thing , no click no nothing .. and it was a diode . it was corroded at the connector . your 2005 may be a whole different setup .. so like i said , i may be wrong
bpaskill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 08:31 AM   #3
robbiescd
Getting Wild
Club Car

Where was your diode located?
Old 06-06-2014, 05:16 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

05 doesnt have it. Did you check the 3a fuse in the controller area? Sure glad that solenoid/jumper cable thing did not "work", that woulda been real messy..
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 09:23 PM   #5
robbiescd
Getting Wild
Club Car

Fuse isn't blown. It's got to be the speed controller (gray box). I'm getting ohm from "plunger" under accelerator, so it's good. Solenoid should click on, but it's not.
Old 06-09-2014, 10:18 AM   #6
Champyman
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Have you checked out the batteries? Only takes one low voltage battery to stop everything. Test each battery for voltage and if you have a hydrometer that will tell you if any cells are bad.
Champyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha