lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-12-2014, 10:15 PM   #1
willy d
Getting Wild

Default 09 drive ?

I just got a 09 Yamaha drive it has 4 12 volt batteries can this be turned up and if so can I do it or like a dealer only thing?
willy d is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-12-2014, 11:20 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 09 drive ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by willy d View Post
I just got a 09 Yamaha drive it has 4 12 volt batteries can this be turned up and if so can I do it or like a dealer only thing?
If you mean speed, yes it can be turned up to 19 mph. Only the dealer can do it, and they have to buy the code from Yamaha. This "adjustment" will not be free if the speed code is not installed yet (if it doesnt go 19, it probably doesnt have speed code).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 07:37 AM   #3
willy d
Getting Wild

so no one has done this on the side...dealer only seems kinda shady but ok
willy d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 08:20 AM   #4
joshualmarley
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

It requires the programmer to modify the controller settings so you can't do it on your own. I paid 150.

Josh
joshualmarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 08:56 AM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

The code that you punch into the controller is unique to each controller (because each controller is a unique number, there is no way to do this without a dealer & yamaha), you have to give the cart serial number and the motor controller serial number to yamaha to order the speed code. The software for palm pilot to install code and mkae adjustments is only available to dealers (it wont get you 19 mph without code anyway). I dont know what you mean by "shady", Yamaha motor corp figured out how to sell an upgrade, and prevent you from stealing the upgrade...who is really acting "shady"?
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha