lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-27-2022, 07:35 PM   #1
somfas
Gone Wild

Default Eco Battery install in 2017 RXV questions

Looking for some help on this install (EB into 2017 EZGO RXV).

Is it okay to disconnect the original charging port and wires?

How can I find the 12V wires from the original convertor? I have unplugged the wires from the original, but I do not not which are which and need to wire them onto the new convertor.

Is there an original wires that needs to be hooked up that keeps the 12v wires hot even when the key is off?

Thanks for any help!!
somfas is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-04-2022, 07:47 PM   #2
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Eco Battery install in 2017 RXV questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by somfas View Post
Looking for some help on this install (EB into 2017 EZGO RXV).

Is it okay to disconnect the original charging port and wires?

How can I find the 12V wires from the original convertor? I have unplugged the wires from the original, but I do not not which are which and need to wire them onto the new convertor.

Is there an original wires that needs to be hooked up that keeps the 12v wires hot even when the key is off?

Thanks for any help!!
EZGO experts have not responded so maybe I can help if you still are needing it.

You can remove the charging port if you are going with the on-board charger. Then install one of these in its place and then be able to plug a standard 20 amp extension cord into the cart. In a pinch, you could charge the cart wherever there is 120 volts available:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

As far as the converter wiring, you should connect it through a switch so it can be turned off when lights or accessories are not needed. You only need a constant 12 volt signal if you have a radio that needs channel presets.
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 05:29 PM   #3
somfas
Gone Wild

Thank you very much for the reply Tom47. That will be my plan for the charger. I am now tearing apart my wire looms trying to trace the wires out of the original convertor to hopefully find a 12v block. The switch makes sense, but I first need to find out where to send my 12v wires to. Thanks again. The advice is even much more appreciated by someone that really needs it!
Old 03-07-2022, 07:02 PM   #4
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

You're welcome and I hope all turns out ok.

BTW, have you looked through the stickies for a wiring diagram for your cart. There are many there that may help you find what you are looking for.
Old 03-07-2022, 07:23 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I just did this install today in a TXT48. I know it's different but the way things work are very similar. Your 12v reducer has a (+) and (-) battery connection. This is the reducer power supply. You will see in the installation instruction attached how these wires connect to the Eco battery. Everything after the reducer (12v) should remain the same.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 48v diagram printsble.jpg (67.2 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 07:54 PM   #6
somfas
Gone Wild

Thanks to you both. I actually have not checked the stickies here and have only searched the internet but didn't come up with anything. ScottyB, the converter that I took out of the cart had a plug with 6 pins (one capped off). Of the 5 wires coming out, I don't know which were 48v and which were 12v, and what the extra one is.
Old 03-07-2022, 10:38 PM   #7
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I just did this install today in a TXT48. I know it's different but the way things work are very similar. Your 12v reducer has a (+) and (-) battery connection. This is the reducer power supply. You will see in the installation instruction attached how these wires connect to the Eco battery. Everything after the reducer (12v) should remain the same.
What do you think so far, Scotty? Pretty impressive, is it not?

By the way, I recently logged 42 miles in 4 days, with an ending SOC of 15%.
It was over 80 degrees all 4 days, no hills, all pavement, average speeds held down to 14 or so. I find I get much better range at lower average speeds.
Old 03-08-2022, 07:20 AM   #8
somfas
Gone Wild

Thats awesome! Isn't it better to keep it charged up though? Just curious because most of my trips will be 4 miles total. I can charge each time, or let a few trip go between charges
Old 03-08-2022, 08:38 AM   #9
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Just like any car, range or mpg is steeply related to how you drive and average speed. Drag goes up at between the square and cube of the speed. Golf carts are not designed for speed with their big flat windshields plowing through the wind.
I don't charge my carts until the SOC gets down to about 25% or if I plan on a long drive that would put it below 25%.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 11:29 AM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom47 View Post
What do you think so far, Scotty? Pretty impressive, is it not?

By the way, I recently logged 42 miles in 4 days, with an ending SOC of 15%.
It was over 80 degrees all 4 days, no hills, all pavement, average speeds held down to 14 or so. I find I get much better range at lower average speeds.
I got a short test yesterday. 4-5 miles of on/off road use. I was impressed. Between losing 300 pounds and gaining a few volts I clocked 27mph on a slight uphill gravel road with my (underinflated) 20" balloon knobby tires. It also had great thrust up some short hills at the dirt bike track But that is attributed to the Alltrax 500 and aftermarket motor too. More tests and pics of the swap later.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO