lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-04-2022, 11:29 AM   #1
buzzmanc
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Thinking about AC

I am about to pull the trigger on an AC conversion, then I had someone tell me that I should be getting more from what I have in my current setup. I am in the middle of doing some testing, but here is what I have. Hoping that someone can chime in with a thought or two. I am trying to get some extra speed, but it does go fairly well.

99 EZGO Series cart
Original 36 volt motor, GE 2hp
Alltrax Axe 400 volt controller
2 gauge wires and HD FNR
48 volt Lithium Pack 105 AH
12 inch wheels w/lo pro tires, I think 21 inches tall
Windshield installed, folding type

Current top speed is 21 mph

Been told that I should get at least 25 mph out of the setup if not more. Just do not want to spend another 2k and be disappointed with speed, but would like to add the regen to the cart for sure.

Thanks
buzzmanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-05-2022, 06:47 AM   #2
Capt. Lenny
Born to be Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Thinking about AC

Just a couple thoughts. First off, with a series cart I think you should have a SR 48400 controller which is 400 amp. I think that 2 hp GE motor is kind of lame. I would think with your setup you should be in the upper 20’s at least with 21” tires. I was getting 27mph with lead acid, 3.6hp AMD motor Plumb Quick Bandit, Alltrax SR48500 500 amp controller and 18.5” tires. Getting 32mph with Navitas AC now.
Capt. Lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 01:21 PM   #3
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I love my regen. I played with the settings for quite a while but now I don't really even need the brakes. It's easy to have it set too heavy or light. Mine is medium to light and I eliminated the plug braking and for me, it's perfect.
You're right that you'll have to switch technologies to get regen.

But you should be faster than 21.

Lenny has the Plumb Quick Bandit upgrade which is only $275 plus shipping but your cart will be out of commission while they are tweaking it. I looked up their site and they say:
"The gray 36 volt GE brand motor is ONLY to be used with 36 volts, stock components and standard tire height... the gray 36 volt GE thin can housing the motor is a lighter duty motor that will draw higher amps and can over heat under harsh conditions"

So depending on which motor you have they may not be able to upgrade it. It's worth calling them to hear what they say. From all this it may be that you simply don't have enough motor there to handle what you need.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 01:40 PM   #4
buzzmanc
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for the reply. I do feel that I am getting all that I can from that motor. I have adjusted what I can with no optimal results. I will get that AC conversion coming. Probably the only thing that is going to give me the results that I want.
Old 03-07-2022, 03:09 PM   #5
Capt. Lenny
Born to be Wild

E-Z-GO

You will need a EZGO 48TXT wire harness #625805 if you're going to the Navitas setup and I found the best price for that harness at Country Cat. Look up the video on Youtube and follow the instructions for modifying it or use it as it comes. Plum Quick had the best price on Navitas that I found and I had it in 3 days.
Capt. Lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 04:39 PM   #6
buzzmanc
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks, will check that out. I have a quote for the Navitas conversion and the wiring harness needed from another source to compare with. Looking forward to getting one coming for sure!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO