lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-08-2009, 06:24 PM   #1
ohwhofarted
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Universal alarm system

97 ezgo non-pds/dcs 36v

Buggies Unlimited Universal Alarm System

step #5 says "locate the main power solenoid in your cart's electrical system. blah blah blah...red wire... blah blah...small terminal post... bah blah blah... Once you have located the correct small positive terminal on the main solenoid and have determined the correct wire to remove, disconnect ONLY that wire from the solenoid terminal and replace it with the gray colored alarm wire... blah blah blah. See wiring diagram..."

I have TWO red wires on the + post... One goes to/comes from the controller harness; the other red wire goes to/comes from the accelerator pedal. Which one do I remove? both? Even the wiring diagram shows one red wire...

anyone?
ohwhofarted is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-08-2009, 07:04 PM   #2
Fleck
Gone Crazy

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Universal alarm system

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohwhofarted View Post
97 ezgo non-pds/dcs 36v

step #5 says "locate the main power solenoid in your cart's electrical system. blah blah blah...red wire... blah blah...small terminal post... bah blah blah... Once you have located the correct small positive terminal on the main solenoid and have determined the correct wire to remove, disconnect ONLY that wire from the solenoid terminal and replace it with the gray colored alarm wire... blah blah blah. See wiring diagram..."

I have TWO red wires on the + post... One goes to/comes from the controller harness; the other red wire goes to/comes from the accelerator pedal. Which one do I remove? both? Even the wiring diagram shows one red wire...

anyone?
I don't want to come as a mean person; You are posting in a forum that does not get along with BU. I don't think you will get anyone here to reponde to this post. You will have better luck posting on the BU forum or calling and talking with a tech; good luck with that. Just my opinion
Fleck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 07:25 PM   #3
Fleck
Gone Crazy

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleck View Post
I don't want to come as a mean person; You are posting in a forum that does not get along with BU. I don't think you will get anyone here to reponde to this post. You will have better luck posting on the BU forum or calling and talking with a tech; good luck with that. Just my opinion
Like I said I don't want to sound mean: Welcome to BGW; The #1 Cart forum.
Fleck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 08:59 PM   #4
ohwhofarted
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

But I don't like their forum and I don't order from them anymore... But I'm NOT buying the same product twice. If no one answers, fine. I'll call their tech support monday and then do business elsewhere.
Old 08-08-2009, 09:51 PM   #5
dirtysouth
Gone Wild

Club Car

Smile Re: Universal alarm system

Quote:
But I don't like their forum and I don't order from them anymore... But I'm NOT buying the same product twice. If no one answers, fine. I'll call their tech support monday and then do business elsewhere.
I wouldn't get yer skibby's in a bunch just yet. It is the weekend and it is summer. Ya might have ta wait til one of the wiring guru's get back from the weekend trip. Why can't ya try one red wire and see if it works? If it don't then try the other red wire??? Don't know......... Just throwin' ideas out there. Relax if ya can. I'm certain someone will come along soon.

Oh yeah. Glad ta hear ya converted.
dirtysouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 09:52 PM   #6
dirtysouth
Gone Wild

Club Car

Just figured out yer user name... Pretty slick.
Old 08-09-2009, 07:16 AM   #7
ohwhofarted
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Im afraid that if i put the alarm box in the wrong place in the circuit I' burn something up... like something expensive!
Old 08-09-2009, 07:42 AM   #8
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Quote:
97 ezgo non-pds/dcs 36v

anyone?
Sorry man, I'm looking at the same instructions and I think it's the one from the accelerator pedal because you are connecting the ignition cutout. Unfortunately, I dont know for sure You might have to wait till you can talk to them.
Even the picture "figure 8" shows the 2 small red wires This makes the instruction as clear as mud

Sorry, I thought I could figure it out but I would reccomend talking to BU on Monday.
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 12:22 PM   #9
ohwhofarted
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by essness View Post
Sorry man, I'm looking at the same instructions and I think it's the one from the accelerator pedal because you are connecting the ignition cutout. Unfortunately, I dont know for sure You might have to wait till you can talk to them.
Even the picture "figure 8" shows the 2 small red wires This makes the instruction as clear as mud

Sorry, I thought I could figure it out but I would reccomend talking to BU on Monday.
figures... You would think that some sort of complete wiring diagram would be included.
Old 08-09-2009, 01:52 PM   #10
dirtysouth
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
figures... You would think that some sort of complete wiring diagram would be included.
Another reason you converted... The day ain't over yet. Keep bumping this thread and somebody here will figure it out.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO