lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-10-2009, 07:07 PM   #1
monkeyboy
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Where can I find the supports for a canopy?

I can find the tops all day long. But I can't seem to find the bars for the canopy. I'm thinking about using wiring conduit and making my own. The factory canopy bars don't really serve any kind of saftey purpose do they?
monkeyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-10-2009, 07:09 PM   #2
WickedCarts
NOT a Sponsor

Default Re: Where can I find the supports for a canopy?

it would help with pics and are you looking for the front and rear and what do you have for the rear????
WickedCarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 08:08 PM   #3
monkeyboy
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I guess my cart is a convertible model as what I've been told. I have no bars or anything to mount a windshield or canopy too. I'll try and get some pics of my ride tommorrow (it's dark outside). And I'm pretty sure I can fab some kind of a frame up. I'll just have to stop by home depot afterwork and price it all out.
Old 08-11-2009, 09:26 AM   #4
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

the local dealer of ezgo part distributor in your area can get you the bars. I have them in stock since people roll their carts here.

No they serve no purpose except to hold up the roof and hold the windshield. BTW, most people around here call them struts.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 10:36 AM   #5
TDOG
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by COURTESYCART View Post
the local dealer of ezgo part distributor in your area can get you the bars. I have them in stock since people roll their carts here.

No they serve no purpose except to hold up the roof and hold the windshield. BTW, most people around here call them struts.
My E-Z-GO dealer said that the struts do serve a purpose. Supposely they will help prevent a flipped car from rolling. Don't know if that is so or not. Couresty, have you ever had one to roll completly over after it flipped?
TDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 06:25 PM   #6
bokeasmowl
friends call me Boke

Yamaha

I have a set of rear roof supports for a factory ezgo roof on a 98 TXT. I switched to an extended top and had to change rear supports. I have the stock roof also.
bokeasmowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 08:23 PM   #7
monkeyboy
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I work at a factory. And they are getting reasy to re-do a section of the factory for a different product. So they are going to have to rip out most of the wiring and stuff. I'm going to ask our maintence guy tomorrow if I can take all the 3/4 metal conduit pipe. then I'll have to go buy a bend. If I can get the stuff for free... I'll make one myself. I'm thinking about going all the way to the back of the cart. I plan on making a back seat And I want to cover it also.
Thanks, for the replies. I think the closest cart dealer to me is roughly 45miles away. If I can't make some I'll give them a call. Any guesses on how much the "struts" cost with out the canopy?
Old 08-13-2009, 01:08 PM   #8
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDOG View Post
My E-Z-GO dealer said that the struts do serve a purpose. Supposely they will help prevent a flipped car from rolling. Don't know if that is so or not. Couresty, have you ever had one to roll completly over after it flipped?
yes i have seen a few and the struts fold up like an accordian. now if you have a rxv than those struts will support the cart somewhat
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO