lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-14-2009, 10:32 PM   #11
BigBlockMan
Gone Wild

Default Re: deal or no deal?

We don't do much with electrics, But I can tell ya theres a little smoke in that add. If they could raise speed and power that much and still keep same battery life, Pretty sure they would be working for GM or Toyota designing hybreds. Anytime you increase speed and torque it takes more power, Usually lots more. Unless your adding lead (batteries) Batteries will not last as long.
BigBlockMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-14-2009, 10:40 PM   #12
DVR
Gone Wild
Club Car

thanks for all your help Mike. you have been very helpful. So, no need to change the motor? Solenoid? As you know I have cables on the way. I have a new set of napa 8144 batteries to go with them. After what I have read here I will get trojans in the future. I paid $300 for all 6 napa batteries though.
DVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 10:46 PM   #13
DVR
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlockMan View Post
We don't do much with electrics, But I can tell ya theres a little smoke in that add. If they could raise speed and power that much and still keep same battery life, Pretty sure they would be working for GM or Toyota designing hybreds. Anytime you increase speed and torque it takes more power, Usually lots more. Unless your adding lead (batteries) Batteries will not last as long.
thanks for the feedback. I would like to maintain some battery life. I am going to install the new batteries and 4ga cables this weekend. Will likely order a controller soon. Hopefully that will do it for a while.
Old 10-14-2009, 11:39 PM   #14
WickedCarts
NOT a Sponsor

pds carts are fun to build for lifted carts we use the alltrax 500 or 600 amp 36 or 48 volt... we upgrade to 2g cables.... not lifting then you can use a 400 amp..

36 volt 23" tall tire about 25mph and tones of torque

48 volt 23" TALL TIRE 30mph + and tones more of torque
WickedCarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 12:05 AM   #15
DVR
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedCarts View Post
pds carts are fun to build for lifted carts we use the alltrax 500 or 600 amp 36 or 48 volt... we upgrade to 2g cables.... not lifting then you can use a 400 amp..

36 volt 23" tall tire about 25mph and tones of torque

48 volt 23" TALL TIRE 30mph + and tones more of torque
thanks for the suggestion. I am going to have to work with what I have for now. new 4ga oem e-z-go cables on the way, new napa batteries, new 22in tires/6in lift already installed.

does the 48v set up include a motor change or can the stock motor run @ 48v? I don't know if it is like converting a truck or tractor to 12v from 6v. They started and worked fine the starter spun faster.

i have 3 more carts and building another one is not out of the question.
Old 10-15-2009, 12:09 AM   #16
WickedCarts
NOT a Sponsor

on the pds you use the same motor for both 36 or 48 volt.. do need top change to a 48 volt soliniod and the alltrax controller works both voltages
WickedCarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 12:52 AM   #17
roady89
nimda
Club Car

The stock motor is fine on 48 volts. One thing you need to remember. If you just upgraded the voltage, I'm saying JUST switching to 48 volts and not changing anything else. You will get a little MORE run time because a higher voltage is more efficient. Your amp draw also goes gown with a higher voltage. Less amp draw = longer run time, longer battery life and components generally last longer. General rule is double your voltage and cut your amp draw in half. It doesn't automatically mean you get double your mileage.

When you add components like high amp controllers, high speed motors and larger tires your amp draw goes up. End result is decreased run times. 4 gauge cables are a minimum for a lifted PDS cart as well as any lifted cart. They add NOTHING to run time, 4 gauge just makes sure you have access to the avaialable power stored in your batteries. 6 gauge can feed stockers just fine but when you upgrade things they fall short. 2 gauge is a total waist of copper on all but the most extreme high voltage/high amp applications....like Electrc powererd cars, e-boats or other EV's.

No need to upgrade to an HD F/R because they don't have one at all. PDS carts flip the field polarity inside the controller to switch directions. NO mechanical parts involved.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO