lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-28-2010, 03:35 PM   #1
OlManRivah
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Hi Gang, My EZGo arrives tomorrow

I was looking at a 2002 Club Car, but, decided on this 2005 Ezgo. I think it's a TXT PDS. With the help of this Forum, I'm glad I went with the EZGo. The only options I have now is an Analog volt meter, lights, and hitch.

I'm thinking about putting the back up beeper on a switch to enable and disable at will and a marine CB radio. Any thoughts? I have a Charging station set up on our patio where I plan to park it.

Anyone running a CB?
OlManRivah is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-28-2010, 07:14 PM   #2
Treyfus
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Hi Gang, My EZGo arrives tomorrow

Excellent lets see pictures when it arrives. I also have a 05 PDS and really enjoy it. As far as the back up beeper (which is really loud) I squeezed one of those foam earplugs in a hole in the beeper and silenced it just enough that its not annoying.
Treyfus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 09:41 PM   #3
DVR
Gone Wild
Club Car

I have an 05 pds too. pulled the back up buzzer the first day as I use it for hunting. upgraded to a 400a alltrax (among many other things) and I am very happy with it. just got back from a neighborhood ride. best $$ I ever spent.
DVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 09:47 PM   #4
SpoiledRotten
Conservatively Wild

E-Z-GO

Congrats on the purchase. Make sure you share plenty of pics while the mods are happening. Welcome to the site.
SpoiledRotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 03:56 PM   #5
OlManRivah
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks Guys.....well it's tomorrow and Lucy has arrived. I decided to put it on a 24 hr charge to get a feel of the batteries which are 07 vintage. By the looks I may be one of the 1st on this Forum to run a CB.

How cool is that.....
Old 05-01-2010, 01:50 PM   #6
tayzak
Not Yet Wild

I see you are in Virginia. I live in Richmond. Any recommendation on a dealer or the best place to get a used or new EZGO?
tayzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 03:01 PM   #7
OlManRivah
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Hi Tayzak,

I got mine from Minter's Golf Cart in Tappahannock. Nice folks and is a full fledged dealer. They delivered mine for free, but, I'm in King William. Got a year warranty on the cart and 60 days on the Electronics. They've got a good selection and will let you play with them.
Old 05-01-2010, 09:37 PM   #8
Paxdad
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

DVR,
What was the model of the Alltrax controller you installed on the PDS?
Paxdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 02:19 PM   #9
OlManRivah
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Well, I've had this rig for almost a month now and am really pleased with it. I haven't installed my CB yet (problems finding a water proof unit), but, have installed an FM/stereo unit.

Haven't given up on the CB. About to spring for a cheap Midland and just protect the unit from the wx. Haven't worked out the antenna placement or type yet.

Wx proof stereo working great so far. I leave my cart out in the elements, so I like the water proof arrangements.

I don't want the inconvenience of a cover ( I use it daily), but, I'm thinking about a cover for just the dash. Anyone doing this?
Old 05-21-2010, 06:05 PM   #10
DVR
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxdad View Post
DVR,
What was the model of the Alltrax controller you installed on the PDS?

sorry I missed your question. it is a dcx 400. I also upgrade the solenoid, wires and added new batteries at the same time. I am pleased with it.
DVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO