lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-22-2011, 08:16 AM   #1
boondocker
Not Yet Wild

Default need radio help

Installed marine radio in 94 marathon. The volume cuts out as soon as I press acc. Switched over to seperate battery not connected to cart and it still does it. Have checked all connections. Now I'm lost.
boondocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-22-2011, 11:33 AM   #2
tguellich
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: need radio help

I have heard of this happening to people 2 other times on here. First check all your grounds, even the grounds not connected to the radio.

Here is what I remember happening before:

1 - The guy connected the blue power antenna wire to a 12V source. That should never be done and he fried the radio a bit. The power antenna lead sends out an electrical signal to tell a power antenna to go up/down, it does not get powered.

2 - The other time the guy was going nuts trying to figure it out and it turned out that he needed a better battery. When he was hitting the gas, the engine was using all the power the battery could give and the radio was cutting off.

I hope this helps, good luck.
tguellich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 12:02 PM   #3
boondocker
Not Yet Wild

I left the blue off and used seperate battery to eleminate volt drop. Only thing I can think is interference from motor like used to get on cb and add noise filter. Thanks for the response I will check all the grounds
Old 03-22-2011, 12:37 PM   #4
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Check your grounds, orange/red wire should be your 12V, the yellow to 12V but not tied in with your switch this will allow you to keep you stations programmed. I would run your grounds separate if you can and only go to your dedicated battery source. Hope this helps some.
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 01:38 PM   #5
tguellich
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If you think it may be interference try changing the plug wire. I have a regular automotive wire on mine. I have been told that the stock cart wires are not insulated to prevent interference but all modern car wires are. If you don't have the tools laying around you can have one made up and most shop pretty cheap out of let over pieces.
tguellich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 08:05 PM   #6
boondocker
Not Yet Wild

i'll try new wire, its definitely interfernce...i put on rf filters, didnt help, but move the speakers holding them in front of me and they did fine. i had the on the body behind seat, so they are picking up some kind of interference from the motor. have to find somewhere else to put them now....location, location, location.....thanks for all the help
Old 03-23-2011, 10:57 AM   #7
sharse36
Gone Wild

Club Car

What kind of sprak plug are you using? If you are using NGK BP5HS it does not have a resitor.

I read that if you are using one without a resitor in the plug it will mess up the radio when the motor runs.
sharse36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 06:38 PM   #8
tdforlife
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I just went thru same thing ,I tried a second battery and it still happened .My fix was resistor spark plugs by ngk and it was all fixed!!
tdforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO