lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-23-2012, 08:08 AM   #1
Wazzey
Not Yet Wild

Default 2008 club car i2l

Run a 9 hole golf course and was thinking of upgrading my 2002 club car ds's to 2008 club car i2l's with new batteries.

Curious on your thoughts of the value and reliability of this newer cart. Using the 6 battery 48v system has been pretty reliable for me at the course with few issues and I've heard about bad 12v battery problems with the newer systems.

Have they fixed the 12v battery problems or were their any problems in the first place?
Curious on anybodys overall thoughts on the newer carts... any thoughts are welcome...

Thanks
Mike
Wazzey is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-23-2012, 08:25 AM   #2
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: 2008 club car i2l

I'm assuming you're referring to the Excel system such as those found on the Precedent. I sent you a PM with my phone number so we can talk about the conversion process.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:37 AM   #3
Wazzey
Not Yet Wild

Well, I'm just talking about purchasing the 2008 club car itself and getting rid of the 2002's .... looking for thoughts on the overall 2008 club car performance and reliability... thanks
Wazzey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:56 AM   #4
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Oh I see. If your 2002 has a serial number that begins with an "AQ" you've already got the IQ system, which would be the same as the 2008 unless you got a Precedent with a "PH" serial. About half the 08 models were IQ (PQ serial), the other half were Excel (PH Serial). Both are extremely efficient but I wouldn't say one is any more reliable than the other.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car