lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-01-2015, 02:15 PM   #1
jbwill
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2011 ezgo governor

I've searched everywhere, watched youtube till I'm crosseyed, but can't find any setup like mine.

I'm wanting just a little more speed, can't figure out how or where to make adjustments.

Pics attached if anyone can help. 2011 EZGO ST Sport 2+2 Kawasak1 13hp.

Thanx
Attached Images
File Type: jpg REAR CABLES.jpg (139.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg ENGINE.jpg (139.6 KB, 0 views)
jbwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 03:49 PM   #2
customezgo2011
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2011 ezgo governor

I don't see the governor in either picture. On a Kawasaki motor the governor adjustment should be behind the motor on top of the gearbox. It will have a cable going to a two piece slide adjustment that are joined together by a bolt in a slot. Loosen the bolt and adjust so the slot either closes or opens more...one way will give you more speed I can't remember which and I am not around my cart right now.
customezgo2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 09:31 PM   #3
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

read the warning sticker on the throttle cable, you not suppose to do that.
nobuckbuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 04:17 PM   #4
jbwill
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by customezgo2011 View Post
I don't see the governor in either picture. On a Kawasaki motor the governor adjustment should be behind the motor on top of the gearbox. It will have a cable going to a two piece slide adjustment that are joined together by a bolt in a slot. Loosen the bolt and adjust so the slot either closes or opens more...one way will give you more speed I can't remember which and I am not around my cart right now.
The 1st picture is top of the gear box. This critter looks different than any of seen. But I haven't seen that much yet.
jbwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 04:33 PM   #5
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by customezgo2011 View Post
And I wouldn't do this because the cart probably won't idle any more after doing this..

The new style Kawasaki drive train is a trick to get the governor right. Mine had issues as well and it turned out the bracket that clamps to the pin coming out of the trans axle was out of adjustment. Yes it is keyed but after I loosened it I was able to turn it like 10 degrees.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 04:23 PM   #6
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

First pic. Cable with the gold spring is the throttle and your governor setting looks to be fully adjusted out.. Has the little rubber boot on it
Old 12-23-2015, 08:48 PM   #7
bsain
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
First pic. Cable with the gold spring is the throttle and your governor setting looks to be fully adjusted out.. Has the little rubber boot on it
I ran into the same problem when I tried to get more speed out of my 2008 RXV. I turned the nuts all the way out to the end of the cable adjuster on the cable that's attached to the gold spring but still needed take more slack out of the cable. I loosened the cable bracket mounting bolts and inserted a 16 gauge piece of metal on top of the upper bolt between the bracket and transaxle housing and tightened them up again. This caused the cable bracket to tilt away from the housing and thus took more slack out of the cable, resulting in more speed.
bsain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 04:50 PM   #8
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Found a write up I did on how I adjusted mine..

Take the throttle cable out of the bracket, loosen the 10mm nut on the gov bracket and get it where when the pedal is pushed it will start and idle. Then loosen the nut/bolt holding the governor to the shaft and make sure it is spun all the way against its backstop. Mine wasn't. Then hold the throttle against idle, the gov against its stop and tighten the 10mm nut. Now hook your cable back up and tweak. Mine with 21 inch tires runs 26 at 4k rpm
Old 12-03-2015, 03:26 PM   #9
Kerrville78028
Gone Wild

Circled in the pic below. You will need a 10mm (or two).
Notice that mine is adjusted almost to the end of the cable. I can get 28mph outta the cart now but usually find myself somewhere around 22mph.

Kerrville78028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 04:12 PM   #10
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Kerr, his is adjusted all the way out already or appears to be.. That is why I suggested testing the bracket that mounts to the governor pin. Mine needed to be tweaked..

Tags
faster, governor, speed enhancement
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO