lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-22-2018, 10:37 AM   #1
Sprinter5k
Not Yet Wild

Default G14 front frame bent

I am looking for a frame advice or any help with my frame on my g14. My son hit a stump with good a arms spindles and everything the wheelbase on the drivers side is 2-1/2" shorter then passenger side not sure what direction to go now
Sprinter5k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 01:42 PM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: G14 front frame bent

In that instance, most likely the main frame tube has been bent. Take off the front body/dash/floor mat and wiring. Take it to a frame straightening shop for an estimate. They will need to heat and stretch it back into place. At that point you could weld some steel strengthening supports so it doesn't happen again if so desired.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 06:04 PM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I hook one end of cart to giant I beam supporting a big roof. I hook the other end to the forklift. I let the inertia of the forklift do the work for me. There are many reasons why this is a bad idea (so you don't need to list them for me), but it has worked for me.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 06:39 PM   #4
greenskeeper
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
I hook one end of cart to giant I beam supporting a big roof. I hook the other end to the forklift. I let the inertia of the forklift do the work for me. There are many reasons why this is a bad idea (so you don't need to list them for me), but it has worked for me.
greenskeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 06:47 PM   #5
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post

I’ve used big trees and a truck to get race cars back on the track. Not saying it’s the best method but it works in a pinch.
E36Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha