lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-09-2014, 09:06 AM   #1
BLOCK-CARVER
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Driven Clutch

Bit the bullet and pulled my driven clutch last night. Boxed it up and shipped it to CPP this morning for machining and spring install. I purchased the power package with both the driven and drive springs and severe duty belt.

I was fortunate, my driven slides easily on the shaft with the exception of some interference from the plastic pan below. I had to make a cut to get the pan to flex enough to get the clutch off the shaft the last 1/8". Worried about getting it back on now!

When I get it back I will have to tackle the drive clutch. Any words of encouragement??

Thanks! This forum is a wealth of information for cart owners.
BLOCK-CARVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:59 AM   #2
drewbaby88
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Driven Clutch

I just sent mine to CPP Tuesday. I sent the driven and drive clutch. I got the power package from them also. Tom is going to do the machining and install the spring on the driven clutch. He was also nice enough to accept my drive clutch and install the spring in it because I didn't have the plate puller to get it open.

If you don't have any lift on your cart yet, the drive clutch may be tricky. I had a perfect amount of space to get my ratchet and extension on the clutch puller. I would imagine an impact is the way to go if you have access to one. If not, holding the clutch in place is the hardest part. I actually used a ratchet strap over the belt, which was wrapped around the outside of the pulley. and hooked onto the frame. ratcheted it down snug (didn't want to torque the shaft of the clutch too much) and it came right off.
drewbaby88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 01:13 PM   #3
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

What do you have planned for the drive clutch? Last year I had my driven clutch machined and re-sprung the same way you are and I see no need to modify my drive clutch at all.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 01:21 PM   #4
BLOCK-CARVER
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Just adding the 200 RPM spring.
Old 01-09-2014, 01:23 PM   #5
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

What's your cart specs? Stock motor? Tire size?
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 01:42 PM   #6
BLOCK-CARVER
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

'97 CC DS - Stock FE290
Rev limiter disconnected
Gov. tie wrapped
tire size- not sure
Z-bracket lift

DSC03646.jpg

Just starting to work on performance mod's.
Have considered a clone swap.
Maybe some simple mod's to Kawi; timing advance, carb jet, air filter??? Milled head - upgrade valves/springs????

Last edited by BLOCK-CARVER; 01-09-2014 at 02:22 PM.. Reason: add text
Old 03-16-2014, 04:51 PM   #7
curdog71
Not Yet Wild

I have a 92 club car and Im wanting to add the Z-bracket lift to it, how do you like it? and what size wheels and tires are you using with it?
curdog71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car