lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-09-2014, 09:18 PM   #1
dan2116
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Trying to decide on what brand of gas cart to buy

Hello all. I am seeking opinions on a golf cart purchase. I have decided on a gas cart for what I will be using it for ( sporting clays ) with light usage. I am looking at two # 1 -2010 Yamaha 4-cycle stock cart for $3500 or a 2007 Club Car Precedent 4-cycle Kawasaki for $3000. Both have been gone over , low hours stated , serviced and ready to go ( both very clean looking carts) . My preference is the Club Car mainly because I like the look of them better is all. I know nothing about either except I read in a thread that the Yami has issues with the drive belt? or something of that nature. Would appreciate your thoughts. Thank you.
dan2116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-09-2014, 10:26 PM   #2
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Default Re: Trying to decide on what brand of gas cart to buy

Its not the belt but rather the style of clutches that yamaha used on that year cart. There a fix but gonna cost some coin to get it dialed in. So many complaints that in the middle of 2012 yamaha went to updated drive and driven clutches.
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 10:37 PM   #3
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Forgot to mention that either will suit you fine for its purpose. Your best bet it to go drive each and see how you like it. Seat comfort, ride quality, engine noise, pedal and brake setup. A little drive time if your able to test them should make your decision better than us old farts here.
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 08:51 PM   #4
dan2116
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thank you for your reply. Any idea what it would cost to do the clutch fix . I am not a mechanic so would have to have it done.
dan2116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 07:53 AM   #5
robertakamagoo
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I never work on a golf cart before I took mine off and sent it off to Plowman's I did the carb and air box work. plowman will give the steps on how to do it. I like the Yamaha drive. I drove a club car pre. mine brother in law has one. It's ok he's has a hard time with the front end it eats up tires.
robertakamagoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 08:17 PM   #6
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Stock cart both are good carts, if you are more sporting in mind I'd go yamaha. Smallblock has posted some stuff about the clutches on here someplace. Plowman can make the yami go better for sure, but they are not bad stock. On the other hand you are in the yami section lol. IMHO they are the best cart and I would take a ezgo second because a lot of aftermarket is out there for them. CC are good stock carts but they tend to do strange things that make them harder to modify, which is something I am sure to do to my carts.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 11:28 AM   #7
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Just going to throw this in. Still think the Yamaha G22 is one of the BEST Yamaha golf cars ever built. 357 engine, rack and pinion steering, best ride and the clutchs can be upgraded to suit anyone's needs. Lots of aftermarket stuff available also. Good luck on your choice.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 10:40 AM   #8
sjfishon
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Robert;; stop pointing that at me, I get nervous, anyway YAMA HA' all the way, they will run forever , and look at the rear suspension, on each cart, then you decide'' want leaves or coils?? this auta get some reply's;;;;;;
sjfishon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 10:48 AM   #9
robertakamagoo
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Just saying hi with a 45.
robertakamagoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 11:18 AM   #10
sjfishon
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Robert,,Robert,, you might have anger issues''''''''''''''''''
sjfishon is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha