lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-20-2011, 04:54 PM   #1
gr8pumpkin
Not Yet Wild

Default Plowman's Carts

I am not by any means a cart guy, BUT, I am a car guy.
With that being said, I use a Yamaha G16 to tow my race car at the track,
well like anybody, I wanted a little more power for the cart, so not knowing where to go I went online 1 year ago and found what I thaught was a good
place to deal with( I won't say the name because they just sell garbage and have NO knowledge or care about what they do) for add on parts. Well they sold me junk, and the wrong parts which in turn caused other problems. When I found that they wouldn't help, I turned to the internet again, which
led me to this great place ( you guy's will be getting a donation from me, THANKYOU, THANKYOU, THANKYOU), which in turn led me to one of this sites
sponsers

PLOWMANS CARTS- Don Plowman

I have been in the racecar/car game for most of my life and have never come
across a company so KNOWLEDGABLE AND WILLING TO HELP in all my life
Not only did he have the parts (input shaft for rearend) in stock, it was the best price you will find anywhere. He also gave me some ideas on how to get extra power on the bottom end(for towing) with out sacrificing top end, as a matter of fact it picked up MPH to the tune of 31MPH. I knew I had the right guy(DON PLOWMAN) for advice when we were on the phone and he walked me through the whole installation with part descriptions and tool sizes.
Now I have a cart, 1989 Yamaha G16 that will pull anything or go fast and be reliable.
For anyone that is wondering what he had me do, CALL DON AT
Plowman's Carts
3220 Western Rd.
Flint, Michigan 48506

(810) 736-1100

www.plowmanscarts.com

Tell him you just want THE HOT SETUP
you won't need any more than that. We never touched the original engine, he gave me the proper rear spring, the proper rear sheave, he machined my front clutch, the proper belt,rebuilt my carb, new exhaust and DON ANSWERED EVERY ONE OF MY PHONE CALLS with easy how to do it answers.
If we had more people/companies like them, life would be easy. Thanks for
listening, I just feel like it is the right thing to do,publisize it, when you find a good company to deal with.
THANKS AGAIN BUGGIES GONE WILD, and PLOWMA'S CARTS
gr8pumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-20-2011, 06:37 PM   #2
youngbro401
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Plowman's Carts

You don't happen to have an email address for him do you? I didn't see one on his website.
youngbro401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 07:04 PM   #3
BigCountry79
Gone Wild

Yamaha

i think i feel a tear comin on!!......its great to hear about guys like this, wished there were more of them, kudos plowman!!!!
BigCountry79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 07:36 PM   #4
Flintrock
Raised by coyotes

Yamaha

They are a stand up group and a very good company to deal with, Thank You for the review! Don't be afraid to "name names" on the other company, that experience could benefit others here. but up to you. And keep posting, sounds like you have a lot to offer here (check out the Big Block section)......
Flintrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 07:42 PM   #5
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Nice post

We are proud to have Plowman's Carts as a sponsor.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 08:11 PM   #6
flattoppro
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I have used Plowman a couple of time and had the same results as Gr8pumpkin.

Plowman is a great company to deal with..

Just my 2 cents

Wayne
flattoppro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 06:07 AM   #7
G1-G9
LIFE IS TAKING FOREVER

Yamaha

we have 4 golf carts and every one of them have plowmans secondary clutch kits on them wouldnt have it any other way.
G1-G9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 07:05 AM   #8
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

i have the posi set up from them. great product and he was very helpful as i had to swap out the carrier in my cart for a later model one. even the lady that answers the phone knows more than a lot of suppliers. (now that sounds sexist doesn't it. just saying)
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 08:40 AM   #9
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

I've never heard a bad thing about them unless you are looking for the lowest price on some items, but often you get what you pay for. He has been innovative in some things ahead of anyone else. Anyone see the rotary engine on his site.

I wonder what he did with the primary clutch most people don't mess with it unless he just trued it up. Only thing I will say is if you have the means to put one in a clone blows away any mods for the stock engine in a yamaha (at least the non-357). Someone said he had a cam for them but not seeing it on his site. The clone 16 does not rev higher really but what a massive increase in power compared to stock one, I've run them side by side. Its not that easy to get in a G9 however, lots of screwing around maybe why there is no kit for them yet.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 09:12 AM   #10
Bellanca_Pilot
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I have to say I did not get the same experience this morning. I called and a woman answered the phone with "Hello". Then, what do I need? WOW! I asked to speak with someone about some technical issues and she would not do it. Just told me that I needed the hot setup. I don't want that. I just want to know about my primary clutch. I guess i will call back in a few hours and see if someone else will answer the phone.

Dewey
Bellanca_Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha