lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-28-2015, 07:16 AM   #1
dmhire
Not Yet Wild

Default 2011 EZGO TXT non responsive

I have a 2011 EZGO electric TXT that won't operate or take a charge. Things I have done/symptoms:

- When putting cart in reverse, nothing happens and reverse sound doesn't engage
- Replaced solenoid - no difference
- Jumped solenoid and when moving maintenance switch to run i get 1 short beep
- When plugging in the charger I get the normal blinking from red to green several times and then slow red blinks. I've tested the charger on another like model cart and it works appropriately.
- Tested voltage of batteries and I'm in the ~49v range for the pack. 6-8v batteries.
- I'm getting 48v from battery to each terminal on the solenoid.
- I checked the microswitch under the floor mat and that seems to be working appropriately.

At this point I was going to keep guessing - swapping the control unit etc... but I'm truly guessing at this point. I was hoping someone out there may have some guidance. Thanks!
dmhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-29-2015, 03:51 PM   #2
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2011 EZGO TXT non responsive

Your 49-V range for the pack indicates the pack is only at a 60% charge. You say that you have "tested" your charger on other like models.....but have you let your charger actually re-charge the other "like" models to a full charge? And if so, did you then check the other models to see if they were in fact at a full charge? A full charge for a 48-V pack should be 50.9-V or very close to that. (And close by maybe .1 off)

So, if your charger IS in fact bringing another 48-V cart to a full charge, and not doing the same to yours, then I would look at your wiring connections of the charger plug to where those connect onto your cart's system to make sure the connections are not corroded or broken.

That's the first place I would begin.

Again:

#1---Check your charger

#2---Check your charger wiring
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 12:29 AM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

With the Delta-Q QE oem charger, the temp sensor must be in operating condition (grey "wire" from charge port to Pos terminal with black block at the Pos terminal. If it has any signs of corrosion inside the black box, its probably bad now.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 06:33 AM   #4
dmhire
Not Yet Wild

I believe I've ruled out the charger as I've tried both carts with a known good charger with the same results. In looking at the charger wiring again in conjunction with cgtech response. The black box on the end of the grey wire is was corroded. It looks like a friend working on the cart removed it. Sounds like that may be the problem. Will try to find a replacement and report back. Thanks!
Old 06-30-2015, 08:34 AM   #5
cgtech

Yamaha

You can get the temp sensor by itself from "fullriver batteries". Otherwise, charge port will need replaced.
Old 07-01-2015, 10:02 AM   #6
dmhire
Not Yet Wild

cgtech - you read my mind as it was looking like a complete charge port replacement. We will get the replacement part from fullriver. When that sensor fried we had cut it off and wired the grey wire back up to the positive terminal on the battery. However after your insight we unhooked the grey wire from the positive terminal and the cart immediately came back to operation and is now taking a charge. Do we run the risk of any further damage to the cart if we operate it without the sensor? Thanks again for all your help!!!
Old 07-01-2015, 11:48 AM   #7
cgtech

Yamaha

Well, first, if you have not noticed the grey "wire" is actually 2 wires inside. It gives the charger the battery temp to tailor the charge profile. I was under the impression the charger would not function properly without it (ie: no charging). If its working, it will be fine 'till the sensor can be replaced.
Old 07-01-2015, 11:57 AM   #8
dmhire
Not Yet Wild

Great. Thanks again for all of your help!!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO