lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-09-2009, 06:55 AM   #1
karment
Not Yet Wild

Default 1985 EZGO microswitch bad?

Hey everyone, nub here.

I inherited a 1985 gas EZGO golf cart that doesn't run. The guy said the soelinoid went bad on it. He replaced it. Still nothing. I read somewhere on this forum to test the noid by jumping the two small posts to the battery. I did and it clicked.

Microswitch - Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there two microswitches? One near the gas pedal and one near the FNR switch? I ordered one from a golf cart store that he said would work. PART#Z-16GW22*B7-K

It is different from the one I took off. The one I took off only has two posts on it. The new one has three screws on the bottom to connect wires. Does anyone have a diagram for the way the microswitch should be wired up?

P.S The old microswitch that I took off, the Part# is WZ2RW8225522TG and says Micro 8647.

ANY help would be greatly appreciated.
karment is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-09-2009, 04:42 PM   #2
Goat53
Gone Wild

Default Re: 1985 EZGO microswitch bad?

old one is stock 1 purpose switch new one is dual purpose the 2 end terminals are as the old one ( normally open ) but either end with the center one is (normally closed ) should work fine if it is roughly the same size and use the end terminals .
Goat53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 08:44 PM   #3
karment
Not Yet Wild

hey goat. Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I got the golf cart with the switch already disconnected so I'm not really sure how to hook the wires back up. There is a 12? gage black wire coming from the main panel and a smaller red and black wire for the buzzer I believe. Do you know what wires go where. I bolted the new microswitch in place where I saw the old one went.

Also I tested the solenoid by jumping the two small posts and it clicked loudly. What do you think is the next step. It's just dead.

Thanks so much for the help. It really beats draining the wallet getting someone else to fix this
Old 01-10-2009, 09:25 PM   #4
Goat53
Gone Wild

On the switch it don't matter just one to each end terminal it's just a single pole switch that complets a circut , it's easier to wire the switch before mounting it , and some have spacers that align the wiper to the linkage ,I kind of hate to mention it , but , did you check the fuse , some are twist caps on the fwd/rev switch some are 2 legged automotive type fuses just placed somewhere in the wiring .
Goat53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 07:56 AM   #5
karment
Not Yet Wild

so.... there's three wires:

1 heavy gage black wire
1 light gage black wire (connected to the buzzer)
1 light gage red wire (connected to the buzzer)

Are you saying that the buzzer wires are the ones that are suppose to connect to the microswitch.

If that is so, Where does the heavy gage black wire connect to. It's coming from the FNR switch where all of the thick reddish wires come into.

BTW, It did cross my mind about fuses, but not even knowing where to look on these things, not sure. Maybe an inline fuse somewhere, or do these things actually have a panel somewhere. My guess is inline. I'll look around.

Wow, if it was a fuse the whole time, I'll feel pretty ignorant!
Old 01-11-2009, 08:00 AM   #6
karment
Not Yet Wild

I forgot,

Thank you again!!!!
Old 01-11-2009, 08:13 AM   #7
Bud the junkman
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Karment,
Welcome. I found these manuals very handy.
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/ezgo-...iagram-id.html

There is a complete wiring diagram in one of them, I just can't recall which one.

Have fun,
Bud
Bud the junkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 06:44 AM   #8
karment
Not Yet Wild

Let me appologize in advance for my ingornance.

I didn't see a Service manual for an 85 gas EZGO. I glanced at them. I believe the closest thing that resembled mine was the diagram on the bottom of the page not linked to anything. But I didn't see the micro switch. Looks like I'll just have to order the manual or look somewhere's else.

Thanks anyway fellas.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO