lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-21-2016, 02:26 PM   #11
larrybi
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Upgrade Advice

dannyre, as far as I know it's generic. It's what I use on my 96 ds series cart
larrybi is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-21-2016, 02:50 PM   #12
crash test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyre View Post
Are these generic stud kits, or are there specific ones for specific carts?
generic stud
it is just a 5/16" by 3" long stud ... some guys use a brass stud
Old 08-21-2016, 03:06 PM   #13
Ribber
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlutsey View Post
Rubber,
I just finished upgrading several components on my cart due to 24" tires, and lots of mud and swamp hunting. I do have all the components that came off my cart that would probably work well for you and your setup with out breaking the bank. I have the following and if you think it will work for you, just make me an offer for the package.

Alltrax AXE 400 amp controller 5k-0 ohms
HD f&r switch
250 amp selenoid
200 amp fuse
MCOR 4 plus conversion kit.

Not sure if the MCOR is any good but I know everything else works. It all pushed my cart very well with the stock motor and 22" tires. Actually did OK with the 24s. Let me know if you are interested. I can send pics.
What kind of performance did you see on yours? I assume all of this is compatible with my 2002 Series DS?
Keep in mind, I'm still green with this stuff.
Ribber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 05:37 PM   #14
jlutsey
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribber View Post
What kind of performance did you see on yours? I assume all of this is compatible with my 2002 Series DS?
If I had to guess with the 22 and stock motor it was probably 17mp? But seemed like it would pull down a barn. I had it in the mountains of SC for a while and would simply amaze me with the torque. I mean pulling the cart loaded down with firewood in the back box out of ravines and switchbacks. Those stock motors were pretty strong in my opinion. If you are running stock tires on flat ground it would be plenty. (Controller peaks at 480 amps) It was fast enough with all the bumpy roads and crappy suspension....
As far as the compqyibility, someone else will have to answer that. Depends on the throttle and output (0-5 or 5-0 ohms) but it came off a series cart with an updated MCOR?..
jlutsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 05:38 PM   #15
jlutsey
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribber View Post
If I had to guess with the 22 and stock motor it was probably 17mp? But seemed like it would pull down a barn. I had it in the mountains of SC for a while and would simply amaze me with the torque. I mean pulling the cart loaded down with firewood in the back box out of ravines and switchbacks. Those stock motors were pretty strong in my opinion. If you are running stock tires on flat ground it would be plenty. (Controller peaks at 480 amps) It was fast enough with all the bumpy roads and crappy suspension....
As far as the compqyibility, someone else will have to answer that. Depends on the throttle and output (0-5 or 5-0 ohms) but it came off a series cart with an updated MCOR?..
Old 08-21-2016, 08:32 PM   #16
Ribber
Getting Wild
Club Car

Can anyone confirm if jlutsey's equipment will work on my cart?
2002 CC DS Series S/N AA0244-221740. Not sure what MCOR I have.
Old 08-23-2016, 04:57 PM   #17
jlutsey
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

As far as the OBC stud goes, if you go to the toilet section at lowes they sell a bag with two 5/16" brass toilet bolts. Comes with rubber and metal washers and works perfectly. I just cut the head off and put a little heat shrink tubing on the middle part that goes through the controller. It will be about $4.87 and will have two wing nuts with it.

Let me know if someone can varify the compatibility of my parts with your cart...I may be wrong but I think your limiting yourself with the 6ga cables. That is stock size and pretty restrictive. 2ga welding machine cable or Scottys wire kits are the way to go.
Old 08-23-2016, 05:37 PM   #18
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

95.5 was the change yr for throttle input 0-5k to modern 5k-0. This is what youhave to verify to determine compatibility between carts. Tahoe may be able to do it by serial # but why bother him? Use an ohm meter to test the signal on the 95.5 cart and you will have the answer.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 06:52 PM   #19
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

A9500-xxxxxx thru A9516-xxxxxx is 0-5k with a Black controller

A9517-xxxxxx and newer is 5k-0 with Silver controller

Basically what this means is that any 48V Club Car built on or after the 17th week of the 1995 production year can use the MCOR
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 07:21 PM   #20
Ribber
Getting Wild
Club Car

jlutsey, I sent you a PM.

TD, he says his controller is 5k-0 ohms, so it will work?
Alltrax AXE 400 amp controller 5k-0 ohms
HD f&r switch
250 amp selenoid
200 amp fuse
MCOR 4 plus conversion kit.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car