lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-03-2016, 06:47 AM   #1
divadavidcars
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default HELP. Not getting 12 volts to coil

So I got a Marathon with the 295. Started out thinking it was the solenoid. So got a new solenoid. Then the motor wouldnt even turn over unless I unplugged the orange/white wire from the ignitor going to the small terminal on the solenoid. But then there would be no spark. Hook it back up and jumper the solenoid and motor would start and run great. I talked to ezgo mechanic and said my ignitor is killing the voltage to the solenoid so I needed new ignitor. So I got a new ignitor and now here is my problem: I got 12 volts going to the solenoid. 12V going to the key way. 12V coming off the keyway to the small terminal on the solenoid. But only get 10V or so going to my coil. So now im thinking voltage regulator bad?
divadavidcars is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-03-2016, 07:08 AM   #2
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: HELP. Not getting 12 volts to coil

You've got wiring issues. Probably didn't need the solenoid or the ignitor, but can't say for sure from here. Check out the wiring diagrams, check voltage at the beginning and end of your wire runs. I'm betting you'll find a bad connection at some plug or a swelled and corroded wire. THAT'S where you're dropping voltage.
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/ezgo-...chematics.html
Happy hunting, but at least you can stop spending money on parts you probably don't need.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 07:13 AM   #3
divadavidcars
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I actually just got done printing them out and am checking it out tonight. Fingers crossed
divadavidcars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 07:21 AM   #4
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Good luck!
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO