lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-31-2017, 03:43 AM   #1
br1ev8
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Speed Controller Hookups

I'm installing new battery cables on my g16e and forgot the orientation of the speed controller cable hookups. Does the bottom, right tab on the controller in the picture go to the motor or to the solenoid?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 515U0dm+fmL._SL1440_.jpg (58.7 KB, 0 views)
br1ev8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-31-2017, 08:20 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Speed Controller Hookups

G16E wire diagram attached
Attached Images
File Type: gif yamaha_G16E_wiring_diagram.gif (41.8 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 09:46 AM   #3
br1ev8
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

The diagram doesn't tell me which of the three hookups on the controller go to what. The controller isn't marked, at least that I can see. I know which of the 3 is the negative battery connection, but the other 2 I'm not sure. 1 is from the solenoid and the other goes to the motor.
Old 12-31-2017, 04:56 PM   #4
Raystar57
Gone Wild

Club Car

Check this thread and see if it will help.
I think the controller in question is somewhat like yours.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-problems.html
Raystar57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 06:47 PM   #5
br1ev8
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Thank you for the reply. I had the negative lead where u show the m- (motor lead) should be. I'm pretty sure that's where the negative should go on the controller. Nevertheless, I tried as u showed in that link, but, unfortunately, it didnt work that way. The solenoid is clicking, but the motor isn't turning over.
Old 01-02-2018, 10:15 AM   #6
br1ev8
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

OK, so the cart isn't working and I've been trying to figure out why. It was working just fine before I did the cable replacement, now the motor isn't turning over. The solenoid is clicking, the fuse isn't blown, and I'm getting power into and out of the controller on both the high and low amp circuits. However, it looks like the throttle sensor is bad. I'm not getting any ohms readings whatsoever on any of the 3 wires going to it.
I'm trying to figure out what would cause the throttle sensor to fry. The only thing I can think of (that has changed) is having the controller hooked up incorrectly. Will having the controller hooked wrong cause the throttle sensor to fry?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha