lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-19-2018, 02:12 PM   #1
Rescue1
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Do I really need heavy duty rear springs?

So I'm in the process of redoing a G16E with 6" lift. I've seen a lot of ads for heavy duty rear springs for use with rear seat kits, hauling, etc. So I purchased a set and installed them while I had the suspension apart. Now I'm in the process of putting it back together and have noticed there is no give in the rear. I thought it was because it had no batteries, put those in and no real change. I still have plans on putting a rear seat kit on but I don't have it yet. Because its sitting so high, the track bar is pulling the rear swing arm/axle to the side. So much that the plastic inner fender is hitting the inside of the tire.

So the question is, do I really need the heavy duty springs? I can "adjust" the inner fender well if needed. I know its not a super big deal changing the springs but I'd rather do it once while the body is off and I have good access everything.
Rescue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-19-2018, 02:16 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Do I really need heavy duty rear springs?

The lift kit should have included a bracket to relocate the panhard rod. The goal is to keep the panhard rod nearly level. If it's at a steep angle, it pulls the suspension to one side. Most carts are quite unstable with a lift, a rear seat kit, and stock springs.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 03:08 PM   #3
Rescue1
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I installed the lowering bracket for the panhard bar. But it is still noticeably off to one side. Looking from the rear, the left shock is at an angle but the right looks like its almost straight.
Old 01-19-2018, 03:36 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I think relocating the drop bracket is gonna be your solution. Or go after the lift kit company for one that works right. Your panhard rod is straight, not bent, right?
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 04:16 PM   #5
Rescue1
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Yep its straight. Maybe I should try it with the stock springs and see how it looks. Thanks.
Old 01-20-2018, 07:37 AM   #6
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

HD or stock springs the panhard rod has to be lengthened or relocated. Preferably relocated. Geometry is geometry.
Rooster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha