lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-23-2021, 06:45 PM   #1
truetex
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Electric Hunting Cart

I am finishing up a EZGO rebuild for my wife to use in our subdivision.

I want to build an electric hunting buggy. The reason I am here is that I want to know how the Club Car folks think about Club Car hunting buggies and any advantages over EZGO or Yamaha.

I want a quiet buggy for sneaking out to the blinds. I have a hunting property in Rocksprings Texas and those ATV/UTVs are noisy. I like quiet.

Any input would be appreciated.
truetex is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-23-2021, 09:06 PM   #2
ousuxndallas
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Electric Hunting Cart

I grew up in Del Rio, nice part of the country. I hunt up in North Texas now, with some rocky spots and good size creek bottoms. I built up the following CC Precedent. I love it. Gets me to my bow hunting spots nice and quiet. The only noise is what the tires make on the gravel road, or what brush you hit. Main thing is the noise won't travel for 2 miles like ATVs.

Main things to know/think about:
- Electric: upgrade the controller. This will give you better torque and unlock the potential of the stock motor.
- 48v to 12v converter: so you can run LED lights
- Advantages of CC: aluminum frame so no rusting
- Tires: get 6 ply, and slime them. Mesquite thorns are enemy number one as you know.
- Lift: as big as you can go. I have a 6" A-Arm, but am about to upgrade to Long Travel to make the ride smoother.
- Backseat with laydown flatbed: I use mine all the time to haul bow, corn, etc. Plus, you can fit your dead deer/hog in between the cart and the rail (see picture).
- Front basket: very useful to haul backpack, binos, etc
- Gun rack: keep my truck gun there while running around the ranch
- Roof: some guys don't like it for hunting, but I like it - keeps the rain off, and the sun off when you're filling feeders, etc.

Let me know if you have any other questions. I'll attach pictures in following post.
ousuxndallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 09:11 PM   #3
ousuxndallas
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Pictures below.
Old 07-24-2021, 06:51 AM   #4
truetex
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Very nice! Are Club Cars equipped with limited slip differentials?
truetex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 07:07 AM   #5
ousuxndallas
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by truetex View Post
Very nice! Are Club Cars equipped with limited slip differentials?
No. Also, they are 2 wheel drive. However, I've gone through a lot of bad spots just fine. Try to keep one side of the cart on dry land and you can make it through most mud holes.
Old 07-24-2021, 10:15 AM   #6
DaveTM
Gone Wild

I have a EZ-GO TXT with a Plowman's limited slip. For mud...get good "mudder" tires to keep you from getting stuck. The limited slip is really nice when it comes to "gooey" stuff.

Of course here in PA we have hills....some small...some BIG. And it's just as important to stop as it is to go. Front disc brakes are a big plus for stopping.

Winch's are an important piece of equipment as well!!Even a limited slip won't do the job when the frame is hung up on something!!

DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 11:59 AM   #7
Squidd
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Nice hunting buggies!

I took a $500 36V ‘87 CC and added a few items to make the perfect doe hauling buggy. This was just to get through a few hunting seasons with plans on converting to 48V and have been drooling at many other options.

As previously stated, went with CC mainly due to aluminum frame, availability for upgrades and have gone through some pretty rough stuff in the field.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg A1A26AA5-7CEB-4648-B3D1-501FF87E955A.jpeg (179.7 KB, 0 views)
Squidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car