lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-27-2010, 02:18 PM   #1
birdslayer
Not Yet Wild

Default a few questions

I have recently aquired what i believe to be an 88 or 89 ezgo 36v 3-wheel cart. i am having trouble positively identifying the type of drive controller i have. reason is i only have the high gear, all the leads are connected to the high gear transformer and i would like to replace. i have just installed 6 new trojans and all seems to be good but you gotta hang on! manufacture code on this cart is 88L09 and the serial#505350.
birdslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-27-2010, 08:42 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: a few questions

Can you post a pic of this bird ? I am having trouble imagining what type of drive system you actually have?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 09:31 PM   #3
birdslayer
Not Yet Wild

i am working on posting a pic, but thru my training today i have learned, it has a resistor module between the batts, and up front an accelorater plate with solenoid on top and 5 contactors, i have several broken resistors and need to clean up the accelerator plate but may replace as well. will have to see if i can get it all apart without exploding the fiber plates. pic soon! (no laughing)
Old 01-28-2010, 11:07 AM   #4
birdslayer
Not Yet Wild

i have posted an album. kinda short right now but u will get the idea. lol. more pics to follow as revival continues. mods to include sporting clays boxes and gunracks, to be custom made, and considerring a wooden shell for the entire cart, should be a fun new mechanical,electrical,project that should help improve the quality of our weekly shooting expeditions.
Old 01-28-2010, 11:20 AM   #5
golfcarfixer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Birdslayer that is a resistor cart,you should replace those broken resistors as they are part of your speeds.Asfar as the the speed switch board goes replace it as it gets rotten and put in a new contact as well.This should do it.
golfcarfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 11:25 AM   #6
birdslayer
Not Yet Wild

thank you, 180.00 for the acc board and resistor bank, on the way. also needed a new control board for the total charge, has a bad relay, bypassed and monitored progress, but the timer still kicks the unit off, so dont really know the purpose of the relay? any insights? thanks again.
Old 01-28-2010, 11:32 AM   #7
golfcarfixer
Gone Wild

Club Car

It senses the batteries to turn on the charger,it has a purpose,so when you bypass things it defeats the purpose and causes things to burn up.It would not be on the charger if it was not needed. Hope this helps.
golfcarfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 11:45 AM   #8
birdslayer
Not Yet Wild

that clears it up for me thank you. i will be replacin that one soon too! this has been my first encounter with this type of system and i must say, interesting! not overwhelmingly complicated but this forum has taken great care of me by answering the questions of others! bgw! u guys rock.
Old 01-28-2010, 12:14 PM   #9
pggroves
steeplejack x

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdslayer View Post
thank you, 180.00 for the acc board and resistor bank, on the way. also needed a new control board for the total charge, has a bad relay, bypassed and monitored progress, but the timer still kicks the unit off, so dont really know the purpose of the relay? any insights? thanks again.
Ouch. I may have a used accelerator board that would work but prob too late now. Sorry, I just got to this thread.
pggroves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 12:24 PM   #10
birdslayer
Not Yet Wild

yeah i kinda felt the same way. ouch. but i am in the cart right, some barterin and tradin, bout 500 with new batts! so im still not hurtin to bad but i am still interested in ur used one. pm me and we will talk?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO