lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-06-2010, 09:53 AM   #1
coondog
Getting Wild

Default 1986 EZGO Marathon Gas - Won't Start...Help

I have an 86 with the 244cc Robin that ran great. I purchased another one and let this one sat up for a couple months. Now that I have a buyer for it, I cannot get it to run...The engine has good compression, a spark and the plug is wet when you check it, but it will not run. The cart tries to start briefly with with the throttle closed after being opened and that's it.
I checked the carb and the float is working correctly and I cleaned out all the jets(I think)
Does anyone have any idea's on what could be the problem or what I can do now in troubleshooting....
Thanks
everyone
coondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-06-2010, 06:52 PM   #2
Pocono Country Boy
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1986 EZGO Marathon Gas - Won't Start...Help

Bad gas? did you drain the tank and load it up with fresh gas?
Pocono Country Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 08:52 PM   #3
coondog
Getting Wild

Yes, well I put more gas in the tank but I did not drain the old stuff out of there......It was trying to run before I took the carb off and cleaned it out. Not it will only try to crank when you open the throttle and just as it closes it tries to crank. The reason I took the carb off was I thinking it was flooding....
Old 09-08-2010, 10:49 PM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

have you tried cranking it over and spraying carb cleaner in the carb while cranking........if not try it may just need a little help from sitting,only other thing i can think of from sitting is rubber on a crank seal dry rotting from sitting there but i would start with spraying some carb cleaner in there while cranking it over..........gas oil mix not good to leave them sit it puts that varnish crap all over carb........did you use a compressor to blow the jets out and the fuel intake and every other hole or opening in the carb? if not might have to take it back off and redo it.................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 05:21 PM   #5
coondog
Getting Wild

Here is an update to what has been tried....
I tried spraying a shot of starting fluid while cranking it and it would not fire off.
The engine has a good compression when tested (120 psi).

How can I check the crank seal?
Old 09-09-2010, 07:44 PM   #6
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

while cranking engine over spray rear crank seal with carb cleaner......if engine starts to sound different like its gonna start than that seal is bad....front one is way more difficult to do..........but lots of times its only the rear one that goes.............................................. .
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 06:59 PM   #7
coondog
Getting Wild

Just wanted to say thanks everyone for your help.....Come to find out a dirt dobber wasp (not sure of the correct spelling) had built a nest in the outlet pipe and I did not see it until I actually pulled the muffler off. One the bright side though the person that is going to buy this is getting a cart that has 150psi, a rebuilt carb and new plug and gas in it.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO