lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-27-2010, 10:05 PM   #1
joejad
Not Yet Wild

Default Need engine help with 93 ezgo please !!

I have a 93 Marathon I just got for my daughter. I pulled the motor & did the valves, because the intake valves were bad. After I put the engine back in I did a compression test, and both cylinders were even at 145. I ran the cart some & it ran pretty good. NOW here is my problem. I did'nt put new valve seals in when I did the valve job, and yes I know that was stupid, but my daughter was really on my tail to get it done. I am getting blue smoke out the exhaust & I am also getting some oil in the air cleaner box. I am guessing that the 145 compression is fairly good, I'm really not sure about the spec. Would the valve seals leaking allow oil into the air box ? I know the seals will give me some blue smoke, but the air box has me wondering. I would greatly appreciate any help. The cart stopped tonight & wouldn't run, starving for gas, so I have to order a new fuel pump. I just thought when I ordered the pump I'd get the seals & gaskets & get it done. I'm just hoping I'm not looking at a biger problem.
I now have a 13 year old telling me to get her cart going or she'll put me in the worst retirement home she can find when I retire.
joejad is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-28-2010, 06:02 AM   #2
56servi
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Need engine help with 93 ezgo please !!

I would recheck the valve lash to make sure it hasn't changed.
56servi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 05:08 PM   #3
chardonite
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The valve seals will not put oil in the air box.They Will let it suck oil into the combustion chamber though and cause a smoking problem. Here's the rub, new top old bottom equals smoke. I would say rings are a issue with your engine. Good luck..
chardonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 09:37 PM   #4
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

I agree. The new tight seal in your fresh top end is forcing the comp. past the rings into the crankcase that is pushing oil into your breather. I'd say rip it back out and ring it.
ez go go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 10:12 PM   #5
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

I have a daughter just like that and I reply, When I am 83, old and senile you are going to have to wipe my azz, and I will make you wipe it even when it doesn't need wiping. Have a nice day Honey.

To test if your rings are shot pour a little engine oil into the spark plug hole. If the compression improves significantly you have a ring issue.
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 09:46 PM   #6
joejad
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the help guys it's greatly appreciated. Yep I'm gonna ring it. I should have just did it in the beginning. I think it was a combination of wishful thinking & down right being lazy
joejad is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO