lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-07-2012, 02:04 PM   #1
green monster
Not Yet Wild

Default DCS controller will engage then disengage

New to forum. Just bought first golf cart. Has a dcx400 alltrax controller. Batteries are new as of two months ago. They are fully charged. Has inductive speed sensor that I have already replaced. Switch works like it is supposed to. The problem I am having is when I turn key on and push accelorator the cart will move about six inches and than stops. Talked to alltrax peopl on phone and they said it wasn't controller because light was green and when accelorator was pushed it blinks res and when you let off accelorato it turns green again. Alltrax people think it is coming from accelorator side. Replaced wires and connections and inductive speed sensor, still no worky. Having same problem. This probably sounds like I am rambling but wanted to put all info I could on here. My ears are open so let me have it. Thanks
green monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-07-2012, 04:03 PM   #2
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: DCS controller will engage then disengage

I have a 1998 series TXT and it has a four wire molex connector near the FNR. It had an intermittent connection problem that cleaning and bending the female connectors fixed. Just a thought. Download the owner's, service, and parts manuals from the stickies, and from Alltrax's website.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 06:12 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

If I understand your post, you are not getting any red fault code flashing on the LED?

Is the solenoid clicking when you try to go? If no,

Can you try to trouble shoot using this diagram to see where the solenoid activation quits?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DCS-Diagram.JPG (117.6 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 06:59 AM   #4
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by green monster View Post
The problem I am having is when I turn key on and push accelorator the cart will move about six inches and than stops. Talked to alltrax peopl on phone and they said it wasn't controller because light was green and when accelorator was pushed it blinks res and when you let off accelorato it turns green again. Alltrax people think it is coming from accelorator side.
Not familiar with your controller but does it blink a code when it blinks red?
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 09:46 AM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

I know you said batteries are only two months old and fully charged, but what is the voltage being applied when cart stops?

Attach DVM black test lead to B- terminal on controller and red test lead to controller side main terminal on solenoid and monitor.

What is voltage when solenoid first closes?
What is voltage when cart stops?
If solenoid drops out when controller's red light comes on, move red test lead to battery side main terminal on solenoid and try again.

Could be a high resistance cable or connection in high current circuit, or maybe even a bad battery. New batteries do fail.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 03:24 PM   #6
sonnysmith
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

JohnnieB,I'm having the same type problem with a stock pds cart.
It is losing power to the small wires on the solenoid and getting all kinds of error codes,let up on the peddle and it will go back to work for a min.or so,then same thing.
Controller????
Thanks
Sonny
sonnysmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 06:34 PM   #7
green monster
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the replies. I have been thruogh all the connection and connectors and they are all good and tight. In reference to the code question mentioned, there is no display just an led light that stays green until it stops then blinks red unitil accelorator is released. Iv been through the diagrams and troubleshooting threadsd here on the forum and am thinking that it is probably the solenoid. Will let u guys know when I get it going. Hard to find parts around where I live so will probably have to order online and wait. Thanks again for the help.
green monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 05:52 AM   #8
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnysmith View Post
JohnnieB,I'm having the same type problem with a stock pds cart.
It is losing power to the small wires on the solenoid and getting all kinds of error codes,let up on the peddle and it will go back to work for a min.or so,then same thing.
Controller????
Thanks
Sonny
Put controller in diagnostic mode.
If you can identify the beep code or codes you are getting, the controller will tell you what it thinks is wrong.
Here's the label on a PDS cover, listing the more common beep codes. (There is a complete list in the service manual that can be downloaded from the Stickies.

Check out what the controller says is wrong.
If it is good, controller is bad.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PDS Label on Controller Cover.JPG (142.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-09-2012, 06:06 AM   #9
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by green monster View Post
....................In reference to the code question mentioned, there is no display just an led light that stays green until it stops then blinks red unitil accelorator is released.................
Count how many times the LED blinks red. That is the code.
Here is an excerpt from the DCX owner's manual listing blink codes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DCX LED codes.JPG (67.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-09-2012, 08:02 PM   #10
sonnysmith
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

JohnnieB,One of the problems is there so many beeps that you can't count them.
I'm going on vacation so I'll take a good look at it when I get back.I'll be close to your part of the country.I hope it's cooler than it has been.
sonnysmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO