lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-21-2014, 09:46 AM   #1
NHRA_Racer
Not Yet Wild

Default Thoughts on this Cart?

All-

I have been looking for a new (to me) cart for a while to use at the dragstrip to tow the kids' junior dragsters. I have a non-lifted Yamaha G9 that gets the job done but I would really like to upgrade. I came across this cart on Ebay that looks really nice and is what I have been looking for.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/2813085...:B:WNA:US:1653

I would appreciate anyone's thoughts!

Edd
NHRA_Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-21-2014, 10:05 AM   #2
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Default Re: Thoughts on this Cart?

seems a little pricey and has the reserve been meet. but then again I can do a lot of work myself and im a cheap *******. you said you want to pull the dragster with it and that seems to be able to do that and a hell a lot more. its a nice cart and ready to go.
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 10:38 AM   #3
crash test dummy

Old 04-21-2014, 10:40 AM   #4
Tonka329
Smoov az a gravy sammich

Yamaha

If you're looking for a great cart already lifted. Try Stevenson's Auto Sales. They are in Kankakee, IL. I went to high school with Brian and he is a pretty stand up guy. 815-933-3400
Tonka329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 07:29 PM   #5
TerryH
Let's go racin' boyz!!

E-Z-GO

I see it sold. Did you get it NHRA???? If not, you can put one together for less and get exactly what you wnat. Towing the juniors should be an easy task. I assume you are towing them 2 at once on a dolly?
TerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 08:41 AM   #6
NHRA_Racer
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the replies all. I did not buy it Terry. I was on the fence. Had it been local where I could have test driven it, I would have bought it as it is the only cart that I have seen in the 6 months I have been looking that needed nothing.

With other carts I have seen, there always seemed to be something I didn't like about it (oftentimes paint) and I would have to change.

If anyone knows of a similar cart in the Indy area, please let me know.

PS- As for towing the two juniors, I use a tow rack I built that fits into a receive in the cart. When I was also running my big car, there wasn't enough room in the trailer for the dolly.
Old 04-23-2014, 09:09 AM   #7
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

I'm with Terry, find a stock cart in your area at a decent price and build it exactly like you want it with a lift, nice wheels and tires, a dash and stereo, and lights. Heck if you really liked that cart build a duplicate! By doing that you'll spend less than what that cart was going for and have some money left over to spend on a few performance parts that the eBay cart didn't have!
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 09:14 AM   #8
NHRA_Racer
Not Yet Wild

93YCC- Those are wise words and I would really like to do that but unfortunately I am pretty time limited and not sure I have the skillset to do it.

If anyone on hear is relatively local and has the skillset to build awesomeness, please let me know!
Old 04-23-2014, 07:48 PM   #9
sonnyhooper
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Need more info on your tow rack. We are headed to our first race of the season and I was thinking about something like you are describing. Did it work as well as a dolly? Did it make the jr dragster like a trailer. Did you have any trouble?
sonnyhooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 04:56 AM   #10
NHRA_Racer
Not Yet Wild

Sonny- I will get a pic his weekend. Way better that a dolly. No worries of bouncing off and you can back the cart up with the junior connected. (Probably won't be able to do that with two high). It is pretty much like a trailer ball that slides into a receiver and can be taken off when not is use.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO