lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-10-2007, 08:03 PM   #21
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

Default Re: Lift kit

I am not mad either. But please verify a few things for me;

How does it strengthen the frame?

Who says the front end won't be worn out when a cart comes in the shop? Do you replace worn out bushings/king pins/spindles/tie rods/etc if they need it?

You are right, I would not build my own spindle lift. I would not because why do it myself when I can buy one for $300? Why do it myself when I could let a pro that does it all day every day do it?
NO NO NO E-Z-GO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-10-2007, 08:06 PM   #22
club car man
Ford

If you have a IQ higher than a cart, then WHY do you go around cuttin frames? Even the diamondplate looks kind of tacky. Looks like it was a add on. And how exactly does it strengthen it? Any time you cut somethin it weakens it. Go cut a string in half then pull it. It won't hold better than it did before you cut it, it will break right at the knot. But, maybe with your magic little fingers everything changed and is stronger once it is cut in half and butchered.

No, we don't weld our own spindle lifts because to get a good quality lift, you have to have someone know what they're doing.
club car man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 08:14 PM   #23
IAMCOOL
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by NO NO NO E-Z-GO! View Post
I am not mad either. But please verify a few things for me;

How does it strengthen the frame?

Who says the front end won't be worn out when a cart comes in the shop? Do you replace worn out bushings/king pins/spindles/tie rods/etc if they need it?

You are right, I would not build my own spindle lift. I would not because why do it myself when I can buy one for $300? Why do it myself when I could let a pro that does it all day every day do it?
yes if the front end is worn out we call the cust with an est. on repairs to the front end...z lifts only cost 99 to 150 depending on height and include new bushings.,,,,,,,steel is stronger than aluminum and adding steel gussets to an aluminum i beam only add..... not take awayyou both need to look at some pics on my site and see... the front end looks great
IAMCOOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 08:19 PM   #24
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

Link?

Are there any alternative lifts for the Precedent? It has a rectangular tube aluminum frame, and it's bent towards the outer sides of each cart right behind the suspension. The only way to lift that would be a spindle or A-arm.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:29 PM   #25
IAMCOOL
Gone Wild

so far noone has finished anything but a arm and spinle for the precedent.... i was at club car thursday and they are playing with 4 diff design from some well known companys...www.pottermotorsportcarts.com
Old 09-10-2007, 08:30 PM   #26
IAMCOOL
Gone Wild

also as a dealer for club car for th epast 10 years the precedent sucs
Old 09-10-2007, 08:33 PM   #27
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMCOOL View Post
also as a dealer for club car for th epast 10 years the precedent sucs
That's what I've heard since it came out.
What is so bad about it? The biggest issues I've heard are the front suspension being incredibly weak, and the frame flexing an extreme amount... not to mention the numerous recalls.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:45 PM   #28
IAMCOOL
Gone Wild

manley all the recalls and try to work on a gas one... they stuffed a 350 in a 2 foot by 2 foot space... changeing the oil is a chore ... seriouse engine work requires removal of the top ,,, rear sam...and body... the cart is a nightmare
Old 09-10-2007, 09:03 PM   #29
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

I have dealt with a few, and some of the ways things are done are just bull $h1t. Like that stupid cross member right above the engine. I suppose it's to help hold the seat up, but it just gets in the way. The intake system is a bit odd, too. The location of the choke is just flat out stupid.

Although I do like the style of the Precedent carts, I think it can safely go in the same book as Club Car's 4 12V battery system... aka the f-up book.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:43 PM   #30
IAMCOOL
Gone Wild

agreed dump the pos
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car