lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-28-2022, 07:21 AM   #1
jonr3
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Default Allsports Long Travel or Jake's Long Travel?

I'm considering replacing my Allsports 4-inch lift on my 1999 Humdinger/DS with a long travel suspension lift, but can't decide which way to go.

I like the quality and design of my standard Allsports lift: Completely adjustable camber; nice welds, good fit and finish, etc.

I like that Jake's offers a bolt-on hydraulic front disc brake kit, but I have no idea what their quality is like.

Does anyone have any experience with both?

Are there any special benefits or features that one may have over the other?

Good or bad experiences with either?

How much wider are they over regular lifts?
jonr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-01-2022, 07:52 PM   #2
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Allsports Long Travel or Jake's Long Travel?

I'd go with the Jake's because it will be easy to add disc brakes when needed.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 08:43 PM   #3
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

IMO I’d go with all sports because they’re a better company overall. Jakes used to be great but once they were bought out by nivel things went south. I tried to buy a replacement spindle that was bent for a jakes kit and their customer service was HORRIBLE. I ended up buying a Steeling kit and replaced the whole thing.

On the other hand all sports customer service is awesome. I had another cart I bought with a home brew lift kit. To lift the rear they literally just used shackles that were like 12-14” long oh boy that thing swayed around turns like a tugboat. After a call to David at revolution, he told me to call all sports so I did. They had no problem at all just selling me the rear part of a lift kit for like 80 bucks shipped. And gave me several options to choose from. Their customer service won me over
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 07:10 AM   #4
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Well....FWIW I purchased and installed my Jake's LT front end in 2017. It's been working fine since then and the "use" of my cart is for hunting. I traverse some fairly rough (washboard type...deep 'n rolling) terrain and the unit is still going strong.

Prior to installing the Jake's LT kit I had already upgraded to the Jake's front disc hydraulic brakes. (Hence....why I did the LT front end....I knew the brakes would work with that kit). I've replaced the Jakes front pads once in (2022-2015 = 7) 7 years. I've had to "top off" the rather small (IMHO) brake fluid reservoir a few times in 7 years....and I've checked for leaks and found none.

Where I take my cart if you don't have front disc brakes you're risking "life & limb" via trying to stop on a downhill in wet conditions. (And here we have HILLS and MOUNTAINS) We are located just north of West Virginia and WV has the only steeper mountains than we have here!!!

I don't know when Jake's was bought out so I can't speak to their customer service today. But....go with the company who can get you what you need....and answers the phone when you call!!
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car