lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-30-2022, 11:17 AM   #1
hot-shot
Gone Wild

Default 95 club car ds

I have a 1995 Club car DS. The charger will not kick on. I tried two other chargers from the neighbors. I checked the inline fuse in the yellow holder. All good. I took the charging port out to inspect all of the wires. All good I checked the pack voltage it was 48.5. I checked the red wire from the charge receptacle. It all seemed good. I did replace the ring connector at the end. I tried to bypass the obc by connecting a wire from the black wire at the charge receptacle to negative battery number 6. No charge? The one strange thing that happened is when I removed the positive in cable the small red wire from the receptacle was still on the battery post. The charger started to hum but the charge needle didn’t move. Any ideas? Thanks.
hot-shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-02-2022, 08:54 AM   #2
hot-shot
Gone Wild

Default Re: 95 club car ds

Any ideas on where to start? Thanks
Old 10-02-2022, 12:57 PM   #3
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

It's possible the OBC failed.
Check to see if you have full pack voltage reaching the pin with the Red wire at the receptacle. Red probe in the receptacle and black probe on battery pack -.

Check the main charge fuse on the back of the receptacle.

Check the grey wire where it goes into the pin in the receptacle. The wire can fray or corrode inside. Give it a light tug and make sure it is still connected. If it pulls out the receptacle needs to be replaced.

Check voltage on the pins at the receptacle with your meter probes placed in the sockets for the Red and Black wires. This should show approx 35 to 38V.
If this shows pack voltage, the OBC has failed.
If this shows No voltage or lower than 35v, then check the receptacle fuse first, then check the black wire where it goes into the OBC, and check the other side of the black wire that comes out of the OBC and joins to the B- terminal on the controller. Or It may go to a terminal stud next to the controller. Make sure it is not burned or damaged.
If those check out fine the OBC has failed.

You can use your charger temporarily by jumping the Black and Grey wires to the B- terminal. You will have to monitor the pack voltage during charging and unplug the charger when the pack gets to 60v. This will get you by until you either replace the OBC or get a new smart charger. If you get a smart charger the OBC will have to be bypassed.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 10:50 PM   #4
hot-shot
Gone Wild

Thank you so much for the help. I will report back tomorrow
Old 10-03-2022, 12:01 PM   #5
hot-shot
Gone Wild

Just checked the pack voltage it reads 48.5. Checked the voltage at the receptacle red and black it reads 38.5. The main fuse at the back of the receptacle checks out good. When you say jump the grey and black wire. Would I cut the wires and splice them together then connect to the b- do the numbers that I included tell you obc good or bad? Thanks
Old 10-04-2022, 03:25 PM   #6
hot-shot
Gone Wild

Can someone tell me what should the resistance be for the resistor on a 95 club car ds solenoid. Thanks
Old 10-10-2022, 10:19 AM   #7
hot-shot
Gone Wild

Okay. I have found the problem with the golf cart. It turns out that the OBC is bad. The cart is a 1995 club car ds. I want to purchase a Summit smart charger. Is there a specific model that I should purchase? Thanks
Old 10-10-2022, 07:57 PM   #8
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

I believe the Site Sponsors may sell the Lester charger; try giving them a call and they will point you in the right direction
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car