lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-30-2022, 07:51 PM   #1
Realridez
Not Yet Wild

Default 05 txt clutch

I went to go for a ride today and my cart didn't move. I have a 2005 txt with the robin 295. It has been sitting for alittle while and the clutch on the motor was frozen and after I sprayed it down I finally got it where I can push it in and it springs back out. I can rev the engine to the max and it won't pull in on it's own. I looked online and I only see some cheap looking clutches on Amazon with bad reviews unless I want to spend $700 to $1,000. Does anyone know of any decent clutches that fit my engine or rebuild kits? I am going to try to pull it off and look at better tomorrow. Also my rear clutch I can separate so I guess it's ok but is there another test for it to make sure?
Realridez is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-30-2022, 08:19 PM   #2
Romartin1
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 05 txt clutch

I installed a comet...direct aftermarket bolt right up, been just fine for my 295
Romartin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 08:26 PM   #3
Realridez
Not Yet Wild

Is that the comet 780 ?
Realridez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 09:01 PM   #4
Romartin1
Not Yet Wild

Like this one, those clutches are cheap.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20220930-215817_Chrome.jpg (54.0 KB, 0 views)
Romartin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 09:13 PM   #5
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Just buy a factory replacement clutch from a reputable golf cart dealer from our sponsors page. If you buy one on fleabay or scamazon you'll be taking a big risk in getting a hunk of chinese garbage. Should be able to get a decent one for $300 or so.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO