lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-27-2021, 11:01 AM   #1
cnaught
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Lithium (Allied) Installation Question

I was told for the Allied installation, that I should add an additional toggle switch to completely shut off all power when not in use it so that the BMS system in the Allied batteries will balance the cells properly.

They said that the Allied battery BMS system only balances when there is no draw from them, and that if there is even a minor draw (from let's say a 48v to 12v converter), that it would cause the batteries to eventually become unbalanced.

Does the Run/Tow switch shutoff all power and remove any draw from the batteries when off? The lights/turn signal/horn, and battery guage don't work on my cart when the Tun/Tow is off. So I'm guessing that any converter that may be installed (if any) is also turned off when the Run/Tow is off?
cnaught is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car