lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > For Sale > Autos/Side x Sides/ATVs/4x4's
Autos/Side x Sides/ATVs/4x4's *No Commercial Ads

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-01-2015, 08:33 PM   #41
eaglesdad1
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Polaris Slingshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbmachine View Post
Were you seriously thinking about purchasing the slingshot from your dealer or just wanted to take it for a spin for the wow factor?
I am seriously thinking about it , I have rode bikes from the age of 4, I am 58 now and it's time to add another wheel My wife and I like to take long day trips and riding a bike that long was starting to wear on both of us, So I sold my bike and have been looking for something like this to replace it.
eaglesdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-01-2015, 08:54 PM   #42
dbmachine
Gone Wild

If i were to shell out the clams for the slingshot it would have to be the le edition with the turbo.
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 07:00 AM   #43
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Talking Re: Polaris Slingshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesdad1 View Post
Andy I have know the owner for 20 some years, and I have spent a lot of money at his business. If that is the rule of the dealers so be it, But you don't treat a good customer or any customer for that matter rude and expect them to come back to your place of business. maybe I am wrong with the way things are today, But it's my hard earned money that keeps business open like that and it will be a cold day in ______ before I go there again!
Not saying he should have at least came out and spoke to you about it but as far as just going for a joy ride I doubt anyone will let you just take off in them. The rest of it I agree 100% with you.

I would go back into the store and tell him how you feel so he knows what happened with no questions about it. Let him know that a loyal customer is money in his pocket's and word of mouth is better than any TV add!
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 12:54 PM   #44
Jayhawk Buggie
Not Yet Wild

Slingshots are cool looking but they get no traction. A dual sport would be worthless unless it was 3 wheel drive. A friend had one for a few months but got rid of it. After the cool factor wore off it served no useful purpose.

Back to riding Harleys and carts!
Jayhawk Buggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 12:28 PM   #45
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk Buggie View Post
Back to riding Harleys and carts!
Or a Harley cart in my case!
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 01:38 PM   #46
Jayhawk Buggie
Not Yet Wild

Harley powered cart! Now we are talkin!
Jayhawk Buggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 08:46 PM   #47
eaglesdad1
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy4639 View Post
Not saying he should have at least came out and spoke to you about it but as far as just going for a joy ride I doubt anyone will let you just take off in them. The rest of it I agree 100% with you.

I would go back into the store and tell him how you feel so he knows what happened with no questions about it. Let him know that a loyal customer is money in his pocket's and word of mouth is better than any TV add!
Andy, After a long cool off period for me I called the owner and we spoke for quite a long time over the phone. Seams He and I were both having one of those days, Anyway He said to stop by anytime and he and I would take one out and see if I like it. Funny thing is he said he does not think it is something my wife and I would enjoy after a few long trips. If I do take it out I will make sure I update here and let you guys know how it was. Thanks for listening !
eaglesdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 06:00 PM   #48
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Thumbs up Re: Polaris Slingshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesdad1 View Post
Andy, After a long cool off period for me I called the owner and we spoke for quite a long time over the phone. Seams He and I were both having one of those days, Anyway He said to stop by anytime and he and I would take one out and see if I like it. Funny thing is he said he does not think it is something my wife and I would enjoy after a few long trips. If I do take it out I will make sure I update here and let you guys know how it was. Thanks for listening !

Cool deal!
My boss is enjoying his so far! I saw one the other day at the Myrtle beach Mustang show that had a bolt on roll cage. It looked factory installed and could have a top installed easley over it. Looks like the aftermarket is going to grow on these things!
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 07:59 PM   #49
Bronco Barney
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Anybody can have a bad day so good you both cooled down.
Keep us posted...
Bronco Barney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 01:46 PM   #50
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

Old thread, I know, but....

As we age (I mean me) I find that the appeal of the golf cart/LSV has a lot to do with the open air, no doors, free wind flowing thing.

I've ridden two wheels since I was a wee lad in the country side of Wisconsin and up until this last year loved it. When I upgraded my bike from 1500 to 1800 I found out I'm not as strong or stable as I once was. If you're aren't feeling safe driving a bike, the you probably aren't safe.

Anyway, I finally picked up my slingshot a couple weeks ago. In all honesty, I thought winter was over. Who knew? So while I have driven it only about 50 miles so far, I love the thing I love about the golf/lsv...no doors, open air stuff. Then to top it off, if my wife ever gets in the thing with me, we can converse like normal, and heck I can even look at her without tipping over. Granted, she may push my out the no door side, but at least I got a peak at her.

If it snows, I drive the Silverado. If it rains, I drive the Camaro. If it EVER warms up and stops snowing I will drive the Slingshot. The LSV is for putzing around going to McD or DQ for ice cream.
Tech Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > For Sale > Autos/Side x Sides/ATVs/4x4's