lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-01-2015, 11:22 AM   #1
natew121
Gone Wild

Default 94 ez go txt 3-bolt steering issue

Okay so here's the issue when you turn the wheels hard to the left or right the steering shaft it self moves up and down hard to explain but I know it's not right .. what do you guys think I have basically redone everything on this entire cart except this.. i did take apart the steering shaft and all seems okay .. do you guys think i should just go ahead and go pick up a rebuild kit that way all my parts will be brand new on all of it any one else experienced anything like this before
natew121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-02-2015, 10:52 AM   #2
natew121
Gone Wild

Default Re: 94 ez go txt 3-bolt steering issue

Really no one???.at all?
Old 09-02-2015, 10:57 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Have you checked the shaft base mount for a break or loose bolts?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 11:07 AM   #4
natew121
Gone Wild

Yes I took the shaft off and stuff and everything looks okay I did notice a little play in the gear deal that connects to the steering shaft but it's like when you turn the steering wheel a few times left or right the shaft it self jumps up while doing so. And I have completely tore down everything to the frame the housing is Crack free .. I think it's possibly one of the teeth screwed up on the track or the gear inside the housing .. I mean I have basically redone the entire cart except for this and the brakes ..I am thinking might as well rebuild it and start from a fresh slate at least I know it'll be all new
Old 09-02-2015, 11:22 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The rebuild kits are good if you get the new rack and pinion gear.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 11:43 AM   #6
natew121
Gone Wild

Yes that's exactly what I am about to go pick up a local store happens to have in stock
Old 09-04-2015, 05:49 AM   #7
natew121
Gone Wild

Mmm felt pretty stupid on this one .. when I broke down the steering who ever had the cart before me that "couldn't figure out why it would jump when turning- 1/4" .. lol who ever put it together forgot or lost the aluminum counter sunk spacer that sits about the pinion gear bearing in the tech diagram.. installed new rebuild kit and sucker is buttery smooth and has Zero play .. just thought I'd share experience might have not needed a rebuild but at least I have the piece of mind knowing it's got fresh not worn parts and now I have back ups!.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO