lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-10-2016, 03:51 PM   #1
Jhh0025
Not Yet Wild

Default G16 Trouble Getting Drive Belt to Engage

I recently purchased a 1997 G16. When I bought it, I was told there was an issue with the primary clutch. After getting it home, it surprisingly ran (dealer said it wouldn't move at all). I put a new stock clutch on it and thought that it would be fixed. It will work fine for a couple trips, but with low power up hill or with lots of weight on it. It gets up to top speed just fine. Then all of a sudden after about 20 minutes, the drive belt will no longer catch. It has to sit for a couple hours, then it's good to go again for another 20 minutes or so. It feels as if the accelerator has to be in a certain position in order for the belt to catch. It's getting plenty of fuel, has a new spark plug and fuel filters. The drive belt width is fine. I performed regular maintenance when I first got it. Any idea what the trouble could be? Thanks.
Jhh0025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-10-2016, 04:57 PM   #2
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Default Re: G16 Trouble Getting Drive Belt to Engage

So what you're saying is that the engine will not fire after it warms up? If so, that's a classic indication of a bad ignitor/TCI unit.

JN6-85640-01-00 #10 in picture
Attached Images
File Type: gif jn6100-6240.gif (13.7 KB, 0 views)
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 08:25 PM   #3
robertakamagoo
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Had to replace mine it died when it got hot.
robertakamagoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 09:41 PM   #4
Jhh0025
Not Yet Wild

Thank you for the replies. Did you replace that yourself? If so, how costly/difficult would that be to do myself?
Jhh0025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 10:11 PM   #5
robertakamagoo
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I did mine myself use a Yamaha one not a after market one. The hardest part is one bolt in the bottom of flywheel cover. I also replace all my fuel lines and cleaned carb when it was apart I also pulled gas tank. It's around $80.00 for TCI
robertakamagoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha