lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-24-2017, 08:48 AM   #1
ICON
Not Yet Wild

Default working on an '82 marathon

Well i'm in the process of fixing up an old '82 that's seen better days. It needs a complete paint job and some cosmetics but it ran pretty good before disassembling it. This will have to climb some hills and i read on here about guys going to a 28 degree clutch over the factory 36 but i cant find any marking on the current clutch to make sure it's not a 28. Looked all over it no markings. Did they not mark them in the early 80's?? The current belt looks ok but figured i'd toss on a new one anyways and it looks like the oem belt from Dayco was HP2011, would getting one a little shorter help on the hills?

I also replaced the king pin bushing this weekend and man were they a tight fit!!! I mean so tight i had to press the spindles on and sand the king pins down and even then the steering is a little tight. I'm sure it'll loosen up over time but has anyone else had crazy tight king pin bushings??

And since i see a lot of muffler issue on here and i thought the rattling in the muffle might be an issue so i cut it open to clean any crap out. Well, didnt go as planned. I cut the bottom off thinking that'd contain most of the carbon buildup and it did contain some balls of carbon but the rattling i heard was what i though it was, a check valve that seals the muffler in case it went in the drink. It was only a small area in the bottom that i got access to so once i welded that up, crappy steel to weld, then i cut open the very top lid. Well, that didnt go anywhere so i welded that up, again a PITA, and finally gave up. Hope it's not too bad in the middle.
ICON is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO