lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-11-2009, 10:23 PM   #1
duffer
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Install Seat Belts on 08 Drive

I bought a seat belt kit with mounting brkt and retractable seat belts to install on my 08 Drive. After assembling all parts to the brkt, I find that If I bolt the brkt to the rear roof supports between the seat and upper seat backs, there is not enough clearance to raise the seat to gas and service engine. I really wanted the belts rigid so they wouldn't flop around and rattle and scratch the paint. Kit came from www.everythingcarts.com. Any ideas on how I can raise the seat yet keep the belts rigid?
duffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-11-2009, 10:34 PM   #2
duffer
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Install Seat Belts on 08 Drive

Pictures attached (I Hope) of my situation.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00201.jpg (47.6 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00202.jpg (34.0 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00203.jpg (40.8 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00204.jpg (33.6 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00205.jpg (36.2 KB, 24 views)
Old 04-11-2009, 10:35 PM   #3
ads245
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffer View Post
I bought a seat belt kit with mounting brkt and retractable seat belts to install on my 08 Drive. After assembling all parts to the brkt, I find that If I bolt the brkt to the rear roof supports between the seat and upper seat backs, there is not enough clearance to raise the seat to gas and service engine. I really wanted the belts rigid so they wouldn't flop around and rattle and scratch the paint. Kit came from www.everythingcarts.com. Any ideas on how I can raise the seat yet keep the belts rigid?
First off, at least you have a Yamaha Drive. There are not many members on here with Drives; the distance between the seat back and the actual seat is very small, so I can see where you problem would be. In the picture below are you talking about the two seat belt latches in the center and you want those to remain stiff, yet the seat hits when raised?

Post a couple of pictures and we will be able to address you issue better.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg seatbeltnew8.jpg (100.6 KB, 20 views)
ads245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 10:36 PM   #4
ads245
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Neat! You posted pictures as I was replying!
Are the extensions that hold the part that the seat belt locks into, just metal?
ads245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 10:49 PM   #5
duffer
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

The seat hits the two center receivers and the belt retractors before raising at all. I added one inch extensions to move the retractors outboard as far as the arm rests would allow, but I still don't have clearance.
Old 04-11-2009, 10:54 PM   #6
duffer
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

The center receivers are semi-rigid plastic sleeves with the nylon belt inside. They will bend and flex a little but not much. They are just like most cars have installed.
Old 04-12-2009, 12:10 AM   #7
dirtysouth
Gone Wild

Club Car

Smile Re: Install Seat Belts on 08 Drive

I would call EC... I have a drive, and without a rear seat kit, I don't believe that setup will work. If you don't have proper rollover protection, I would not advise you to use seat belts... If the cart were to roll, you would not want to be strapped to the cart. Jus' Sayin'...
dirtysouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 12:16 AM   #8
Riorat
supervision required

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtysouth View Post
I would call EC... I have a drive, and without a rear seat kit, I don't believe that setup will work. If you don't have proper rollover protection, I would not advise you to use seat belts... If the cart were to roll, you would not want to be strapped to the cart. Jus' Sayin'...
Good point dirty
Riorat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 12:17 AM   #9
dirtysouth
Gone Wild

Club Car

Smile Re: Install Seat Belts on 08 Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riorat View Post
Good point dirty
Tanks...
dirtysouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 09:34 AM   #10
duffer
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I have seen and heard of quite a few golf cart accidents here in The Villages, Fl. due to the sheer number of carts. There are about 30,000 golf carts here now with more to come. I have yet to see a cart (here)with a crushed top and/or a top that did not protect the occupants. I know the tops are not designed for rollovers,but they do a pretty good job. Most cart windshields are "breakaway" and provide little protection. The big problem is hitting something as simple as a curb or other carts, posts, trees etc. and being projected out without restraints.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha