lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-08-2019, 07:10 AM   #1
jacobsond
Getting Wild

Talking Is this the dark side

Going from a 1994 gas yamaha G9 to a Precident IQ. Just starting to do my normal detailing and research on what I just got. Trying to figure out what year it is exactly. Serial is PH0936-051594. Im having a hard time figuring out process even tho there is instructions. Can anyone help out? The cart looks great. 1yr old trojan batteries. Im a motor guy so kind of new with the electric stuff. Even tho I have a degree in electronics. Have not done much research on charging practices and stuff like that,but I will learn.
jacobsond is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-08-2019, 07:11 AM   #2
twilliams81
Gone Wild

Default Re: Is this the dark side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
twilliams81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 08:20 AM   #3
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilliams81 View Post
No, you have came over to the BRIGHT side now! No more carbon emissions, no more detonation, no more dependency on Saudi Arabia, etc. etc....

And that '09 was built the 36th week of that year.

Now for the possible bad news, there was a severe safety concern with that year as they were originally designed with TPS's for the throttle. After some "run-away" carts occurred, Club Car had them all replaced under warranty with a Recall to change them out with the MCOR's. There were some that slipped through, including one I just had a few weeks ago. The easiest way to teat for it is to leave the key off and depress the Go Pedal a few times and listen for a loud click from the microswitch in the MCOR. If there is not one, it has a TPS.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 09:40 AM   #4
jacobsond
Getting Wild

I pressed the go pedal several times. No click no nothing. This cart has headlights. Would like to get tail lights. Any recommendations? I think Im going to like this thing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg new cart.jpg (113.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-08-2019, 10:24 AM   #5
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

You will need this https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/p...conversion-kit and then call David at Revolution (TahoeDawgZ71) 706-431-3917 and he can set you up with what is needed for tail lights.
Old 06-08-2019, 10:27 AM   #6
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobsond View Post
-snip-
I think I'm going to like this thing.
I have always been a DS guy and will be, BUT, I do like the little Precedent I bought for the grand-babies and I will admit, it is much easier to modify/ad-on to because of all the accesses it has and harnesses ran everywhere. (Just too many plastic parts for me)
Old 06-08-2019, 04:11 PM   #7
jacobsond
Getting Wild

Thanks for all the advise. Ill look in to getting that kit. Is it an ASAP thing or can it wait. The cart runs great now with no issues except the wife does not like how hard the pedal pushes. Any adjustment there? Charge batteries frequently or when they get low? From what I see on the all knowing internet don't let them get below 50% or after every use is the front runner.
Old 06-08-2019, 05:50 PM   #8
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Anytime the cart is not in use, plug it in. It is called the P&P (Park & Plug) principle. Never let is go without a charge and sit as sulfation will occur over time.

The TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) can fail or go erratic and in certain situations the car could run off on its on. It is a Safety concern so I would change it out just as soon as I could.

David rebuilds those pedal assemblies so he would be the best one to tell you if you can adjust the pedal pressure.
Old 06-09-2019, 10:14 PM   #9
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

For safety reasons, as NoleFan mentioned above, the TPS needs to be removed ASAP. The kit he linked you to contains everything you need to make the conversion and make your cart safe. As for the pedal tension, unfortunately for your wife this is not adjustable. If it's abnormally stiff, you may have some corrosion build-up inside your pedal assembly. You can check that out when you pull it out to replace the TPS. Try and lubricate every moving part and see if it helps. The spring behind the accelerator pedal is what provides this tension. You can not remove it, nor can you replace it with a softer spring unfortunately.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 06:38 AM   #10
jacobsond
Getting Wild

Thanks. I will order the part soon then. As far as the pedal goes we are still in the "This cart drives different than the other one mode" She will get used to it. The park and plug was a hard sell. I printed out the battery guide found on this site. Other friends with electric carts don't do the park and plug so why should we have to was the 1st response. Finally got through when we park it for the day just plug it in. Summertime nice day we will usually have 5 miles on it or more anyway. You dont need to wonder how much charge you have if its plugged in every night.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car