lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-08-2019, 07:18 PM   #1
mstang1988
Not Yet Wild

Default Gas vs. Electric for beach and NEV

Gas vs. Electric Lifted cart for beach and around neighborhood? I'm considering either a late model precident (Kawasaki or Suburu) or an electric 48v. Thoughts?
mstang1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-08-2019, 08:14 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Gas vs. Electric for beach and NEV

Of course here we will be biased towards 48v electrics. I have owned both, and the biggest in regards to the 2 areas you listed is 100% sound and versatility. They are quiet and will not disturb neighbors or beach goers, and they can be modified in so many ways and so relatively easily. (speed, torque, longivity, etc.)
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 08:27 PM   #3
mstang1988
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
Of course here we will be biased towards 48v electrics. I have owned both, and the biggest in regards to the 2 areas you listed is 100% sound and versatility. They are quiet and will not disturb neighbors or beach goers, and they can be modified in so many ways and so relatively easily. (speed, torque, longivity, etc.)
I've only seen gassers on the beach here in Port A, TX. I posted in both the gas and electric forums to get the plus and minuses. Am I going to need to install a controller and motor for any electric to perform in the sand? D&D etc?
mstang1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 10:08 PM   #4
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

I have stock IQ's and Series carts up and down the beach. If you are going to go up and down steep sand dunes with a big load or big lifts and tires, you will want to bump up the amps (Controller). It is more of what you want to do with it...
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car